The Social Entrepreneur Certificate Course has been developed to meet high academic standards, ensuring that as a graduate you can display with pride the Social Entrepreneur Certificate you will earn from the International Association of Professions Career College.
This online certificate course is for anyone who wants to learn how to start a nonprofit in the United States. Topics covered in the Social Entrepreneur Certificate Course include the following:
Overview of the Nonprofit Field
- What Being a 501(c)(3) Means
- Benefits of Nonprofit Work
Getting Ready to Start Your Nonprofit
- Choosing Your Mission and Crafting Your Mission Statement
- Assessing the Need and Analyzing Resources
- Seed Money
- Incorporating, Writing By-Laws and Applying for Tax-Exempt Status
- Public Charity or Private Foundation?
- Your Name, Logo, Media Kit and Website
- Strategic Planning and Establishing Credibility
Running Your Nonprofit
- Choosing a Location and Setting Up Your Office
- Applying for a Mailing Permit
- Developing Programs
- Getting Advice: Consultants, Board of Directors, Attorneys, Accountants
- Hiring Paid Staff and Working with Volunteers
- Budgeting, Keeping Financial Records and Tax Matters
- PSAs, Press Releases, Videos and Interviews
Getting Money for Your Nonprofit
- Fundraising Basics
- Approaching Corporations, Foundations and Individuals
- Proposals for Government Grants
- Fundraising with Special Events and Celebrity Sponsors
- Earning Income through Selling Services and Products
What Happens in the Social Entrepreneur Certificate Course
The Social Entrepreneur Certificate course is an online learning program with suggested readings from the textbook (FabJob Guide to Become a Social Entrepreneur). This course is self directed, which means you may study and complete assignments at times that are most convenient for you from the comfort of your own home.
This part-time Social Entrepreneur Certificate Course has a recommended completion date of 6 weeks from the start of the program, however, you may choose to complete the course in as little as 4 weeks or as long as 12 weeks, depending on your schedule.
The Social Entrepreneur Certificate Course has been created to allow you to complete it without any teaching assistance. However, if you have questions or need assistance, you can receive help from a Faculty Member throughout the 6 weeks of the course. Your Faculty Member is a valuable resource person who can provide you with personal teaching assistance to help you succeed in the course and advice to help you succeed in the career.
What Is Included in the Social Entrepreneur Certificate Course
This all-inclusive Social Entrepreneur Certificate Course package includes:
- Registration for the Social Entrepreneur Certificate Course
- Access to a Faculty Member to provide you with personal teaching assistance and career advice
- (Optional) 2020 membership in the IAPO International Association of Professional Social Entrepreneurs for only $2 per month
- Downloadable Social Entrepreneur Certificate personalized with your name and the seal of the International Association of Professions Career College which you may print
- (Optional) Opportunity to order official certificates printed on fine linen paper and embossed with the gold seal of the college
- Textbook: FabJob Guide to Become a Social Entrepreneur (e-book edition)
By following the advice and using the valuable resources included in this guide you will be on your way to a rewarding career as a social entrepreneur running a nonprofit business dedicated to making the world a better place.” – Brenna Pearce, Social Entrepreneur Guide Editor
Registration Fee for the Social Entrepreneur Certificate Course
You can have all this for an incredible price. It can cost hundreds, or even thousands, of dollars to take other programs. (We found courses based on old editions of our guides with registration fees of up to $999 and more.) We are able to offer you online courses at a significantly lower cost to you because of our expertise from almost 20 years of producing the leading online guides for non-traditional careers.
Our online career college certificate courses have previously been offered for a registration fee of $297 U.S. and includes a textbook and professional membership – a total value of almost $377. NEW YEAR SPECIAL: This all-inclusive registration package for the Social Entrepreneur Certificate Course is priced at only $97 U.S. for the January 27, 2020 course.
How to Register
Enrollment is limited and registration is on a first come first served basis, so we recommend that you register early for the Social Entrepreneur Certificate Course Online to avoid disappointment.
Click the “REGISTER NOW” button to register for the Social Entrepreneur Certificate Course Online.
If the course is full, please email email@example.com to be notified when a new course date is scheduled.
Easy Changes and Cancellations
It’s easy to change or cancel your course registration. See our FAQ page for details.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Does a Nonprofit Business Owner Do?
As a nonprofit business founder (also known as a social entrepreneur), you can get paid to do good. Perhaps you dream of protecting our environment, improving opportunities for poor children, encouraging diversity and tolerance, or you may believe strongly in another good cause. For many social entrepreneurs, having hands-on involvement and seeing the immediate results of their effort are great rewards and motivators.
How Do I Start a Nonprofit Business?
Earning a certificate as a nonprofit business owner will equip you with the principles and techniques for starting and running your own nonprofit business. A certificate also provides evidence of your expertise, assurance of your professionalism, an important credential for your resume, a competitive advantage when marketing your services and higher earnings (according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics).
What is the Nonprofit Business Owner Certificate Course?
In IAP Career College’s part-time online Nonprofit Business Owner Certificate Course you will learn important principles and practical step-by-step techniques for getting started in a career as a professional nonprofit business owner. This online course has a recommended completion date of 6 weeks, however it may be completed in as little as 4 weeks or as long as 12 weeks. The course has been created to allow you to complete it without any teaching assistance, however as a student you have access to Faculty Members to provide you with personal teaching assistance and career advice.
What is IAP Career College?
The International Association of Professions Career College (IAP Career College) is a leading online career college offering affordable online certificate courses and professional certifications for non-traditional and “dream” careers. When you take a part-time online certificate course with IAP Career College, you can schedule your learning around your life – you can work at your own pace, at the best times for you and from the comfort of your own home. IAP Career College and affiliated company FabJob Inc (the leading online publisher of guide books on how to get started in a dream career) have served over half a million career changers on six continents since 1999.