- About Us
Political Science Certificate Course Online
Starting December 11, 2023
Register Now to Guarantee Your Spot
In this part-time online Political Science Certificate Course, you will receive a comprehensive introduction to political science. You will develop foundational knowledge about individuals, organizations and states as political actors, and explore international relations in both theory and practice. This course will engage with real-world examples to help you understand how and why political realities unfold. You will receive a Political Science Certificate when you complete this course.
Our company and career guides have been featured in
Get a Political Science Certificate
Are you interested in learning about why and how political realities unfold? In this part-time Political Science Certificate Course you will receive a comprehensive introduction to political science, from political theories to real-world contemporary political issues.
With information from classic studies and current research in the field of political science, this course will help you to develop a strong foundation of political science, including: political parties and ideologies; international relations theories; how different political systems work; and so much more.
What Happens in the Political Science Certificate Course
The Political Science Certificate Course is an online learning program with recommended readings from the textbook (Introduction to Political Science). This course is self-directed, which means you may study and complete assignments at times that are most convenient for you from the comfort of your own home.
This part-time Political Science Certificate Course has a recommended completion date of 8 weeks from the start of the program, however, you may choose to complete the course in as little as 4 weeks or as long as 16 weeks, depending on your schedule.
The Political Science Certificate Course has been created to allow you to complete it without teaching assistance. However, if you have questions or need assistance, you can receive help from a Faculty Member throughout the 8 weeks of the course. Your Faculty Member is a valuable resource person who can provide you with personal teaching assistance to help you succeed in the course.
The Political Science Certificate Course has been developed to meet high academic standards, ensuring that as a graduate you can display with pride the Political Science Certificate you will earn from the International Association of Professions Career College (IAP Career College).
What is Politics and What is Political Science?
- Defining Politics: Who gets What, Where, When, How and Why?
- Public Policy, Public Interest, and Power
- Political Science: The Systemic Study of Politics
- Normative Political Science
- Empirical Political Science
- Individuals, Groups, Institutions and International Relations
Political Behavior is Human Behavior
- What Goals Should We Seek in Politics?
- Why do Humans Make the Political Choices They Do?
- Human Behavior is Partially Predictable
- The Importance of Context for Political Decisions
- The Classical Origin of Western Political Ideologies
- The Laws of Nature and the Social Contract
- The Development of Varieties of Liberalism
- Nationalism, Communism, Fascism and Authoritarianism
- Contemporary Democratic Liberalism
- Contemporary Ideologies Further to the Political Left
- Contemporary Ideologies Further to the Political Right
- Political Ideologies that Reject Political Ideologies: Scientific Socialism, Burkeanism, and Religious Extremism
- The Freedom of the Individual
- Constitutions and Individual Liberties
- The Right to Privacy, Self-Determination, and the Freedom of Ideas
- Freedom of Movement
- The Rights of the Accused
- The Right to a Healthy Environment
Political Participation and Human Behavior
- What is Political Participation?
- What Limits Voter Participation in the United States?
- How do Individuals Participate other than Voting?
- What is Public Opinion and Where does it Come From?
- How do we Measure Public Opinion?
- Why is Public Opinion Important?
The Fundamentals of Group Political Activity
- Political Socialization: The Ways People Become Political
- Political Culture: How People Express their Political Identity
- Collective Dilemmas: Making Group Decisions
- Collective Action Problems: The Problem of Incentives
- Resolving Collective Action Problems
- Civil Rights and Constitutionalism
- Political Culture and Majority-Minority Relations
- Civil Rights Abuses
- Civil Rights Movements
- How do Governments Bring About Civil Rights Changes?
Interest Groups, Political Parties, and Elections
- What is an Interest Group?
- What are the Pros and Cons of Interest Groups?
- Political Parties
- What are the Limits of Parties?
- What are Elections and Who Participates?
- How do People Participate in Elections?
- What do Legislators Do?
- What is the Difference between Parliamentary and Presidential Systems?
- What is the Difference between Unicameral and Bicameral Systems?
- The Decline of Legislative Influence
Executives, Cabinets and Bureaucracy
- Democracies: Parliamentary, Presidential, and Semi-Presidential Regimes
- The Executive in Presidential Regimes
- The Executive in Parliamentary Regimes
- Advantages, Disadvantages, and Challenges of Parliamentary and Presidential Regimes
- Semi-Presidential Regimes
- How do Cabinets Function in Presidential and Parliamentary Regimes?
- What are the Purpose and Functions of Bureaucracies?
Courts and Law
- What is the Judiciary
- How does the Judiciary Take Action?
- Types of Legal Systems around the World
- Criminal versus Civil Laws
- Due Process and Judicial Fairness
- Judicial Review versus Executive Sovereignty
- The Media as a Political Institution: Why does it Matter?
- Types of Media and the Changing Media Landscape
- How do Media and Elections Interact?
- The Internet and Social Media
- Declining Global Trust in the Media
- Contemporary Government Regimes: Power, Legitimacy and Authority
- Categorizing Contemporary Regimes
- Recent Trends: Liberal Representative Regimes
- What is Power and How do we Measure it?
- Understanding the Different types of Actors in the International System
- Sovereignty and Anarchy
- Using Levels of Analysis to Understand Conflict
- The Realist Worldview
- The Liberal and Social Worldview
- Critical Worldviews
International Law and International Organizations
- The Problem of Global Governance
- International Law
- The United Nations and Intergovernmental Organizations (IGOs)
- How do Regional IGOs Contribute to Global Governance?
- Non-State Actors: Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs)
- Non-State Actors Beyond NGOs
International Political Economy
- The Origins of International Political Economy (IPE)
- The Advent of the Liberal Economy
- The Bretton Woods Institutions
- The Post-Cold War Period and Modernization Theory
- From the 1990s to the 2020s: Current Issues in IPE
- Considering Poverty, Inequality and the Environmental Crisis
What Is Included in the Political Science Certificate Course
This all-inclusive Political Science Certificate Course Online package includes:
- Registration for the Political Science Certificate Course Online
- Access to a Faculty Member to provide you with personal teaching assistance
- Textbook: Introduction to Political Science (e-book edition)
- Downloadable Political Science Certificate personalized with your name and the seal of the International Association of Professions Career College which you may print
- (Optional) Opportunity to order official certificates printed on fine linen paper and embossed with the gold seal of the college
- (Optional) 2023-2024 membership in the IAPO International Organization of Business Professionals for only ₹250.00 per month
Register for the Political Science Certificate Course
HOLIDAY SEASON SPECIAL
Easy changes and cancellations
It’s easy to change or cancel your course registration. See our FAQ page for details.
It’s easy to change or cancel your course registration. See our FAQ page for details.
You can have all this for an incredible price. It can cost hundreds, or even thousands, of dollars to take other programs. (We found courses based on old editions of our guides with registration fees of up to $999 and more.) We are able to offer you online courses at a significantly lower cost to you because of our expertise from over 20 years of producing the leading online guides for non-traditional careers.
Our online certificate courses have previously been offered for a registration fee of $297 U.S. and include a textbook and professional membership – a total value of almost $377.
HOLIDAY SEASON SPECIAL: This all-inclusive registration package for the Political Science Certificate Course is priced as only ₹12,419.00 for the December 11, 2023 course.
Register today for the Political Science Certificate Course. Enrollment is limited and registration is on a first come first served basis, so we recommend that you register early for the Political Science Certificate Course online to avoid disappointment.
If the course is full, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be notified when a new course date is scheduled.
If IAP Career College has the course that you are looking to take, take it. I hesitated between several career colleges prior and choosing IAP was the best decision I had made. In 4 months, I had already completed 2 certifications and those won’t be my last. It gives you clear insights on the program you wish to learn and the schedule is adaptable to your lifestyle.
Nicole Buenaventura, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
How Much Money Do Political Scientists Make?
Political scientists are well paid, with a median annual salary in 2021 of $122,510 or over $50 per hour according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
What Does a Political Scientist Do?
Political science is an incredibly versatile field of study. While working as a political scientist often requires a master’s degree, there are several career options for those interested in this field of study. Many people with a background in political science go on to careers in politics, policy analysis, non-profit work, business, media, or education. The several options available to those interested in political science should come as no surprise. After all, political science is the study of power, institutions, and human behavior, which is relevant in not only several different careers, but in our everyday lives. Those with a strong understanding of political values, international politics, political decision making, the law and institutions are excellent assets in virtually any work environment. A background in political science can also help you to participate more fully in civic life. If you are someone who has always wanted to participate more in local politics, or who wants to feel more “in the know” when scrolling through the news each day, pursuing a certificate in political science is a great choice.
How Do I Become a Political Scientist?
While working as a political scientist often requires a master’s degree, there are several career options for those interested in this field of study. Many people with a background in political science go on to careers in politics, policy analysis, non-profit work, business, media, or education. Whether studying political science is the first step towards your career goals, or a decision that you’ve made to enrich your life on a more personal level, this course is an excellent place to start. Before investing years of time and thousands of dollars in advanced degrees, an introductory course such as this can give you the opportunity to learn core concepts and gain insight into the field of political science to help you decide if this is a profession you wish to pursue.
What is the Political Science Certificate Course?
In IAP Career College’s part-time online Political Science Certificate Course, you will receive a comprehensive introduction to political science. You will develop foundational knowledge about individuals, organizations and states as political actors, and explore international relations in both theory and practice. This course will engage with real-world examples to help you understand how and why political realities unfold. You will receive a Political Science Certificate when you complete this course. This online course has a recommended completion date of 8 weeks, however it may be completed in as little as 4 weeks or as long as 16 weeks. The course has been created to allow you to complete it without any teaching assistance, however as a student you have access to Faculty Members to provide you with personal teaching assistance and career advice.
What is IAP Career College?
The International Association of Professions Career College (IAP Career College) is a leading online career college offering affordable online certificate courses and professional certifications for non-traditional and "dream" careers. When you take a part-time online certificate course with IAP Career College, you can schedule your learning around your life - you can work at your own pace, at the best times for you and from the comfort of your own home. IAP Career College and affiliated company FabJob Inc (the leading online publisher of guide books on how to get started in a dream career) have served over half a million career changers on six continents since 1999.