In this part-time online Personal Chef Certificate Course you will learn important principles and practical step-by-step techniques for preparing customized meals and getting started in a career as a professional personal chef.
Become a Personal Chef
You will learn how to become a personal chef, including: what a personal chef does, how to develop your skills to succeed as a personal chef, and how to market and operate your own personal chef business.
What Happens in the Personal Chef Certificate Course Online
The Personal Chef Certificate Course Online is an online learning program with suggested readings from the textbook (FabJob Guide to Become a Personal Chef). This course is self directed, which means you may study and complete assignments at times that are most convenient for you from the comfort of your own home.
The part-time Personal Chef Certificate Course has a recommended completion date of 6 weeks from the start of the program, however, you may choose to complete the online Personal Chef Certificate Course in as little as 4 weeks for as long as 12 weeks, depending on your schedule.
The online Personal Chef Certificate Course has been created to allow you to complete it without any teaching assistance. However, if you have questions or need assistance, you can receive help from a Faculty Member throughout the 6 weeks of the course. Your Faculty Member is a valuable resource person who can provide you with personal teaching assistance to help you succeed in the course and advice to help you succeed in the career.
The online Personal Chef Certificate Course has been developed to meet high academic standards, ensuring that as a graduate you can display with pride the Personal Chef Certificate you will earn from the International Association of Professions Career College.
How to Become a Personal Chef
In this course, you will learn how to become a personal chef. Topics covered in the Personal Chef Certificate Course include the following:
- Ways to develop your food preparation skills
- Setting up your own recipe catalog
- Sample menus and shopping list
- Standard portion sizes
- Freezing food
- Labeling and cooking instructions
- Proper food handling
Starting a Personal Chef Business
- Deciding what personal chef services to offer
- Fresh versus frozen service
- Regularly scheduled versus occasional or on call personal chef services
- Ways to specialize as a personal chef by type of client or type of cuisine ((organic, vegetarian, etc.)
- How to create a business plan for your personal chef business
- Setting up a personal chef business at home
- Deciding whether to rent a professional kitchen
- Selecting menu items
- Styles of cooking and ingredients to choose from and avoid
- Nutritional analysis and special diets
Running a Personal Chef Business
- What to keep in stock in your home pantry
- Best places to shop for ingredients plus how to prepare a shopping list
- Meeting minimum order requirements with suppliers
- Setting your fees for personal chef services
- Scheduling your clients and planning a timeline
- How to market your personal chef business
- How to do a client consultation
What Is Included in the Personal Chef Certificate Course
This all-inclusive Personal Chef Certificate Course package includes:
- Registration for the Personal Chef Certificate Course Online
- Access to a Faculty Member to provide you with personal teaching assistance and career advice
- (Optional) 2020 membership in the IAPO International Association of Professional Personal Chefs for only $2 per month
- Downloadable Personal Chef Certificate personalized with your name and the seal of the International Association of Professions Career College which you may print
- (Optional) Opportunity to order official certificates printed on fine linen paper and embossed with the gold seal of the college
- Textbook: FabJob Guide to Become a Personal Chef (e-book edition)
“The FabJob Guide to Become a Personal Chef is arranged to take you in a step-by-step manner through getting started and succeeding as a personal chef. By applying what you learn, it’s just a matter of time before you’ll be in an exciting career as a personal chef.” Lex Thomas, founder of a successful catering and personal chef business in the United States
Register for the Personal Chef Certificate Course
It’s easy to change or cancel your course registration. See our FAQ page for details.
You can have all this for an incredible price. It can cost hundreds, or even thousands, of dollars to take other programs. (We found courses based on old editions of our guides with registration fees of up to $999 and more.) We are able to offer you online courses at a significantly lower cost to you because of our expertise from almost 20 years of producing the leading online guides for non-traditional careers.
Our online certificate courses have previously been offered for a registration fee of $297 U.S. and include a textbook and professional membership – a total value of almost $377.
SUMMER SPECIAL: This all-inclusive registration package for the Personal Chef Certificate Course is priced as only $129 U.S. for the August 10, 2020 course.
Register today for the Personal Chef Certificate Course. Enrollment is limited and registration is on a first come first served basis, so we recommend that you register early for the Personal Chef Certificate Course online to avoid disappointment.
If the course is full, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be notified when a new course date is scheduled.
How Much Money Does a Personal Chef Make?
As with any career, income levels depend on your experience, geographic location, size and scale of your business and target customer base. According to the USPCA, a full-time personal chef who works four or five days each week should earn around $1,000 per week. But a personal chef who works in partnership with another chef, offers catering services, or sells prepared meals in a retail storefront can earn considerably more.
What Does a Personal Chef Do?
A personal chef is hired to prepare a specific number of meals for individual families or to provide in-home catering for small dinner parties. When you become a personal chef, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the freedom and financial rewards of having your own business. Even if you have no formal cooking training, you can start your own personal chef business.
How Do I Become a Personal Chef?
Earning a certificate as a personal chef will equip you with the principles and techniques for becoming a professional personal chef. A certificate also provides evidence of your expertise, assurance of your professionalism, an important credential for your resume, a competitive advantage when marketing your services and higher earnings (according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics).
What is the Personal Chef Certificate Course?
In IAP Career College’s part-time online Personal Chef Certificate Course you will learn important principles and practical step-by-step techniques for getting started in a career as a professional personal chef. This online course has a recommended completion date of 6 weeks, however it may be completed in as little as 4 weeks or as long as 12 weeks. The course has been created to allow you to complete it without any teaching assistance, however as a student you have access to Faculty Members to provide you with personal teaching assistance and career advice.
What is IAP Career College?
The International Association of Professions Career College (IAP Career College) is a leading online career college offering affordable online certificate courses and professional certifications for non-traditional and "dream" careers. When you take a part-time online certificate course with IAP Career College, you can schedule your learning around your life - you can work at your own pace, at the best times for you and from the comfort of your own home. IAP Career College and affiliated company FabJob Inc (the leading online publisher of guide books on how to get started in a dream career) have served over half a million career changers on six continents since 1999.