The online Personal Chef Certificate Course has been developed to meet high academic standards, ensuring that as a graduate you can display with pride the Personal Chef Certificate you will earn from the International Association of Professions Career College. Topics covered in the Personal Chef Certificate Course include the following:
- Ways to develop your food preparation skills
- Setting up your own recipe catalog
- Sample menus and shopping list
- Standard portion sizes
- Freezing food
- Labeling and cooking instructions
- Proper food handling
Starting a Personal Chef Business
- Deciding what personal chef services to offer
- Fresh versus frozen service
- Regularly scheduled versus occasional or on call personal chef services
- Ways to specialize as a personal chef by type of client or type of cuisine ((organic, vegetarian, etc.)
- How to create a business plan for your personal chef business
- Setting up a personal chef business at home
- Deciding whether to rent a professional kitchen
- Selecting menu items
- Styles of cooking and ingredients to choose from and avoid
- Nutritional analysis and special diets
Running a Personal Chef Business
- What to keep in stock in your home pantry
- Best places to shop for ingredients plus how to prepare a shopping list
- Meeting minimum order requirements with suppliers
- Setting your fees for personal chef services
- Scheduling your clients and planning a timeline
- How to market your personal chef business
- How to do a client consultation
What Happens in the Personal Chef Certificate Course
The Personal Chef Certificate Course is an online learning program with suggested readings from the textbook (FabJob Guide to Become a Personal Chef). This course is self directed, which means you may study and complete assignments at times that are most convenient for you from the comfort of your own home.
This part-time online Personal Chef Certificate Course has a recommended completion date of 6 weeks from the start of the program, however, you may choose to complete the course in as little as 4 weeks or as long as 12 weeks, depending on your schedule.
The Personal Chef Certificate Course has been created to allow you to complete it without any teaching assistance. However, if you have questions or need assistance, you can receive help from a Faculty Member throughout the 6 weeks of the course. Your Faculty Member is a valuable resource person who can provide you with personal teaching assistance to help you succeed in the course and advice to help you succeed in the career.
What Is Included in the Personal Chef Certificate Course
This all-inclusive Personal Chef Certificate Course package includes:
- Registration for the Personal Chef Certificate Course Online
- Access to a Faculty Member to provide you with personal teaching assistance and career advice
- (Optional) 2019-2020 membership in the IAPO International Association of Professional Personal Chefs for only $2 per month
- Downloadable Personal Chef Certificate personalized with your name and the seal of the International Association of Professions Career College which you may print
- (Optional) Opportunity to order official certificates printed on fine linen paper and embossed with the gold seal of the college
- Textbook: FabJob Guide to Become a Personal Chef (e-book edition)
“The FabJob Guide to Become a Personal Chef is arranged to take you in a step-by-step manner through getting started and succeeding as a personal chef. By applying what you learn, it’s just a matter of time before you’ll be in an exciting career as a personal chef.” Lex Thomas, founder of a successful catering and personal chef business in the United States
Registration Fee for the Personal Chef Certificate Course
You can have all this for an incredible price. It can cost hundreds, or even thousands, of dollars to take other programs. (We found courses based on old editions of our guides with registration fees of up to $999 and more.) We are able to offer you online courses at a significantly lower cost to you because of our expertise from almost 20 years of producing the leading online guides for non-traditional careers.
Our online career college certificate courses have previously been offered for a registration fee of $297 U.S. and includes a textbook and professional membership – a total value of almost $377. SUMMER SPECIAL: This all-inclusive registration package for the Personal Chef Certificate Course is priced at only $97 U.S. for the July 15, 2019 course.
How to Register
Click the “REGISTER NOW” button to register for the Personal Chef Certificate Course.
If the course is full, please email email@example.com to be notified when a new course date is scheduled.
Enrollment is limited and registration is on a first come first served basis, so we recommend that you register early for the Personal Chef Certificate Course to avoid disappointment.
Easy Changes and Cancellations
It’s easy to change or cancel your course registration. See our FAQ page for details.