In this part-time online Organic Farmer Certificate Course you will learn important principles and practical step-by-step techniques for opening and running a successful organic farm.
Become a Organic Farmer
You will learn: what an organic farmer does, how to start and run an organic farm, and how to get customers and succeed in the organic farming business.
What Happens in the Organic Farmer Certificate Course Online
The Organic Farmer Certificate course is an online learning program with suggested readings from the textbook (FabJob Guide to Become an Organic Farmer). This course is self directed, which means you may study and complete assignments at times that are most convenient for you from the comfort of your own home.
This part-time online Organic Farmer Certificate Course has a recommended completion date of 6 weeks from the start of the program, however, you may choose to complete the course in as little as 4 weeks or as long as 12 weeks, depending on your schedule.
The Organic Farmer Certificate Course has been created to allow you to complete it without any teaching assistance. However, if you have questions or need assistance, you can receive help from a Faculty Member throughout the 6 weeks of the course.
Your Faculty Member is a valuable resource person and mentor who can provide you with personal teaching assistance to help you succeed in the course and advice to help you succeed in your new business.
The online Organic Farmer Certificate Course has been developed to meet high academic standards, ensuring that as a graduate you can display with pride the Organic Farmer Certificate you will earn from the International Association of Professions Career College.
Topics covered in the Organic Farmer Certificate Course Online include the following:
Introduction to Organic Farming
Overview of Organic Farming Industry
- Entering a Growth Industry
- Regulatory and Consumer Trends
- Products and Services Offered by Organic Farms
- Creating Sustainability and Developing Independence
Acquiring Skills and Knowledge
- Farming Skills Including Producing Crops and Livestock
- Organic Certification, Compliance, and Record Keeping
- Discovering Your Local Market and Opportunities
- Learning by Doing: Interning and Volunteering
- Learning by Association: Mentors, Trade Associations, and Co-ops
Starting Your Own Organic Farm
- Choosing Your Niche: What Will You Produce, and in What Location?
- Starting Small, Renting Land, Buying Organic Land or Non-Organic Land to Convert
- Your Business Plan
- Start-Up Budgeting and Funding
- Getting Certified and Dealing With Regulations
- Sourcing Needed Equipment and Supplies
Managing Your Organic Farm
- Effective Systems for Operating Your Organic Farm
- Finding Ongoing Government Assistance and Resources
- Website, Advertising, and Free Publicity
- Pricing to Maximize Profits
- Marketing Strategies including Farmers’ Markets and CSAs
- Selling to Wholesalers
- Finding and Hiring Great Farm Employees
- Special Events including Farm Tours, Educational Programs, and U-Pick Produce
What is included in the Organic Farmer Certificate Course Online
This all-inclusive Organic Farmer Certificate Course package consists of:
- Registration for the Organic Farmer Certificate Course Online
- Access to a Faculty Member to provide you with up to 3 hours of business mentoring during the course
- (Optional) 2021 membership in the IAPO International Association of Organic Farmers for only $2 per month
- Downloadable Organic Farmer Certificate personalized with your name and the seal of the International Association of Professions Career College which you may print
- (Optional) Opportunity to order official certificates printed on fine linen paper and embossed with the gold seal of the college
- Textbook: FabJob Guide to Become a Organic Farmer (e-book edition)
This guide has the sole purpose of helping you put together all the necessary elements to start your own organic farm business. By following the steps and using the valuable resources it includes, you will be well on your way to living your dream — starting your own successful organic farm business.” – Brenna Pearce, Organic Farming Guide Author
Register for the Organic Farmer Certificate Course
NEW YEAR SPECIAL
It’s easy to change or cancel your course registration. See our FAQ page for details.
You can have all this for an incredible price. It can cost hundreds, or even thousands, of dollars to take other programs. (We found courses based on old editions of our guides with registration fees of up to $999 and more.) We are able to offer you online courses at a significantly lower cost to you because of our expertise from almost 20 years of producing the leading online guides for non-traditional careers.
Our online certificate courses have previously been offered for a registration fee of $297 U.S. and include a textbook and professional membership – a total value of almost $377.
NEW YEAR SPECIAL: This all-inclusive registration package for the Organic Farmer Certificate Course is priced as only $149 U.S. for the January 25, 2021 course.
Register today for the Organic Farmer Certificate Course. Enrollment is limited and registration is on a first come first served basis, so we recommend that you register early for the Organic Farmer Certificate Course online to avoid disappointment.
If the course is full, please email email@example.com to be notified when a new course date is scheduled.
How Much Does an Organic Farmer Make?
As an organic farmer, your income is determined by a number of factors, including: your experience, location, business model and how much revenue your organic farm generates. According to data from PayScale, the average income for a small business owner in the United States is $73,000 - however this can range up to $182,000 or more.
What Do Organic Farmers Do?
As an organic farmer, you have a sustainable business that allows you to spend time outdoors raising crops or livestock. You can produce good food for yourself, and you can make a difference in your community by producing foods that are often healthier and safer than many products found in local grocery stores. With organic products from small farms more in demand than ever before, you have many options for starting your own farm business. You might choose to grow fresh fruits or vegetables, raise livestock, or produce products like milk or eggs. You might even enjoy offering “agri-tourism” events and services (such as farm tours or pick your own fruit or vegetables) to market your organic farm and increase your profits.
How Do I Start My Own Organic Farm?
Earning a certificate as an organic farmer will equip you with the principles and techniques for starting and running your own organic farm and becoming a professional organic farmer. A certificate also provides evidence of your expertise, assurance of your professionalism, an important credential for your resume, a competitive advantage when marketing your services and higher earnings (according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics).
What is the Organic Farmer Certificate Course?
In IAP Career College’s part-time online Organic Farmer Certificate Course you will learn important principles and practical step-by-step techniques for getting started in a career as a professional organic farmer. This online course has a recommended completion date of 6 weeks, however it may be completed in as little as 4 weeks or as long as 12 weeks. The course has been created to allow you to complete it without any teaching assistance, however as a student you have access to Faculty Members to provide you with personal teaching assistance and career advice.
What is IAP Career College?
The International Association of Professions Career College (IAP Career College) is a leading online career college offering affordable online certificate courses and professional certifications for non-traditional and "dream" careers. When you take a part-time online certificate course with IAP Career College, you can schedule your learning around your life - you can work at your own pace, at the best times for you and from the comfort of your own home. IAP Career College and affiliated company FabJob Inc (the leading online publisher of guide books on how to get started in a dream career) have served over half a million career changers on six continents since 1999.