The online Organic Farmer Certificate Course has been developed to meet high academic standards, ensuring that as a graduate you can display with pride the Organic Farmer Certificate you will earn from the International Association of Professions Career College.
Topics covered in the Organic Farmer Certificate Course Online include the following:
Introduction to Organic Farming
Overview of Organic Farming Industry
- Entering a Growth Industry
- Regulatory and Consumer Trends
- Products and Services Offered by Organic Farms
- Creating Sustainability and Developing Independence
Acquiring Skills and Knowledge
- Farming Skills Including Producing Crops and Livestock
- Organic Certification, Compliance, and Record Keeping
- Discovering Your Local Market and Opportunities
- Learning by Doing: Interning and Volunteering
- Learning by Association: Mentors, Trade Associations, and Co-ops
Starting Your Own Organic Farm
- Choosing Your Niche: What Will You Produce, and in What Location?
- Starting Small, Renting Land, Buying Organic Land or Non-Organic Land to Convert
- Your Business Plan
- Start-Up Budgeting and Funding
- Getting Certified and Dealing With Regulations
- Sourcing Needed Equipment and Supplies
Managing Your Organic Farm
- Effective Systems for Operating Your Organic Farm
- Finding Ongoing Government Assistance and Resources
- Website, Advertising, and Free Publicity
- Pricing to Maximize Profits
- Marketing Strategies including Farmers’ Markets and CSAs
- Selling to Wholesalers
- Finding and Hiring Great Farm Employees
- Special Events including Farm Tours, Educational Programs, and U-Pick Produce
What Happens in the Organic Farmer Certificate Course Online
The Organic Farmer Certificate course is an online learning program with suggested readings from the textbook (FabJob Guide to Become an Organic Farmer). This course is self directed, which means you may study and complete assignments at times that are most convenient for you from the comfort of your own home.
This part-time online Organic Farmer Certificate Course has a recommended completion date of 6 weeks from the start of the program, however, you may choose to complete the course in as little as 4 weeks or as long as 12 weeks, depending on your schedule.
The Organic Farmer Certificate Course has been created to allow you to complete it without any teaching assistance. However, if you have questions or need assistance, you can receive help from a Faculty Member throughout the 6 weeks of the course.
Your Faculty Member is a valuable resource person and mentor who can provide you with personal teaching assistance to help you succeed in the course and advice to help you succeed in your new business.
What is included in the Organic Farmer Certificate Course Online
This all-inclusive Organic Farmer Certificate Course package consists of:
- Registration for the Organic Farmer Certificate Course Online
- Access to a Faculty Member to provide you with up to 3 hours of business mentoring during the course
- (Optional) 2019-2020 membership in the IAPO International Association of Organic Farmers for only $2 per month
- Downloadable Organic Farmer Certificate personalized with your name and the seal of the International Association of Professions Career College which you may print
- (Optional) Opportunity to order official certificates printed on fine linen paper and embossed with the gold seal of the college
- Textbook: FabJob Guide to Become a Organic Farmer (e-book edition)
This guide has the sole purpose of helping you put together all the necessary elements to start your own organic farm business. By following the steps and using the valuable resources it includes, you will be well on your way to living your dream — starting your own successful organic farm business.” – Brenna Pearce, Organic Farming Guide Author
Registration Fee for the Organic Farmer Certificate Course
You can have all this for an incredible price. It can cost hundreds, or even thousands, of dollars to take other programs. (We found courses based on old editions of our guides with registration fees of up to $999 and more.) We are able to offer you online courses at a significantly lower cost to you because of our expertise from almost 20 years of producing the leading online guides for non-traditional careers.
Our online career college certificate courses have previously been offered for a registration fee of $297 U.S. and includes a textbook and professional membership – a total value of almost $377. SEASONAL SPECIAL: This all-inclusive registration package for the Organic Farmer Certificate Course is priced at only $97 U.S. for the November 11, 2019 course.
How to Register
Enrollment is limited and registration is on a first come first served basis, so we recommend that you register early for the Organic Farmer Certificate Course to avoid disappointment.
Click the “REGISTER NOW” button to register for the Organic Farmer Certificate Course Online.
If the course is full, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be notified when a new course date is scheduled.
Easy Changes and Cancellations
It’s easy to change or cancel your course registration. See our FAQ page for details.