- About Us
Marketing Certificate Course Online
Starting February 26, 2024
Register Now to Guarantee Your Spot
In this part-time online Marketing certificate course, you will receive a comprehensive introduction to marketing. You’ll learn the core concepts and theories of marketing, and develop a strong foundation in marketing for your educational or professional goals. You will receive a Marketing Certificate when you successfully complete the course.
Our company and career guides have been featured in
Get a Marketing Certificate
Whether you’re an entrepreneur or working for a company, you know that what you’re offering has the potential to bring value to people’s lives. This introductory marketing course will help you to take your marketing skills to the next level.
Through an exploration of concepts, theories, and real business cases, this course will equip you with a strong foundation in marketing that will serve you well whatever your future plans may be.
What Happens in the Marketing Certificate Course
The Marketing Certificate Course is an online learning program with recommended readings from the textbook (Principles of Marketing). This course is self-directed, which means you may study and complete assignments at times that are most convenient for you from the comfort of your own home.
This part-time Marketing Certificate Course has a recommended completion date of 9 weeks from the start of the program, however, you may choose to complete the course in as little as 6 weeks or as long as 18 weeks, depending on your schedule.
The Marketing Certificate Course has been created to allow you to complete it without teaching assistance. However, if you have questions or need assistance, you can receive help from a Faculty Member throughout the 9 weeks of the course. Your Faculty Member is a valuable resource person who can provide you with personal teaching assistance to help you succeed in the course.
The Marketing Certificate Course has been developed to meet high academic standards, ensuring that as a graduate you can display with pride the Marketing Certificate you will earn from the International Association of Professions Career College (IAP Career College).
Marketing and Customer Value
- Marketing and the Marketing Process
- The Marketing Mix and the 4Ps of Marketing
- Factors Comprising and Affecting the Marketing Environment
- Evolution of the Marketing Concept
- Determining Consumer Needs and Wants
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Ethical Marketing
Strategic Planning in Marketing
- Developing a Strategic Plan
- The Role of Marketing in the Strategic Planning Process
- Purpose and Structure of the Marketing Plan
- Marketing Plan Progress Using Metrics
- Ethical Issues in Developing a Marketing Strategy
Understanding the Marketplace
- Understanding Consumer Markets and Buying Behavior
- Factors That Influence Consumer Buying Behavior
- The Consumer Purchasing Decision Process
- Ethical Issues in Consumer Buying Behavior
Business Markets and Purchasing Behavior
- The Business-to-Business (B2B) Market
- Buyers and Buying Situations in a B2B Market
- Major Influences on B2B Buyer Behavior
- Stages in the B2B Buying Process
- Ethical Issues in B2B Marketing
Market Segmentation, Targeting, and Positioning
- Market Segmentation and Consumer Markets
- Segmentation of B2B Markets
- Segmentation of International Markets
- Essential Factors in Effective Market Segmentation
- Selecting Target Markets
- Product Positioning
- Ethical Concerns and Target Marketing
Marketing Research and Market Intelligence
- Marketing Research and Big Data
- Sources of Marketing Information
- Steps in a Successful Marketing Research Plan
- Ethical Issues in Marketing Research
Marketing in a Global Environment
- The Global Market and Advantages of International Trade
- Assessment of Global Markets for Opportunities
- Entering the Global Arena
- Marketing in a Global Environment
- Ethical Issues in the Global Marketplace
Marketing in a Diverse Marketplace
- Strategic Marketing: Standardization Versus Adaptation
- Diversity and Inclusion Marketing
- Multicultural Marketing
- Marketing to Hispanic, Black, and Asian Consumers
- Marketing to Sociodemographic Groups
- Ethical Issues in Diversity Marketing
Products: Consumer Offerings
- Products, Services, and Experiences
- Product Items, Product Lines, and Product Mixes
- The Product Life Cycle
- Marketing Strategies at Each Stage of the Product Life Cycle
- Branding and Brand Development
- Forms of Brand Development, Brand Loyalty, and Brand Metrics
- Creating Value Through Packaging and Labeling
- Environmental Concerns Regarding Packaging
- Ethical Issues in Packaging
Maintaining a Competitive Edge with New Offerings
- New Products from a Customer’s Perspective
- Stages of the New Product Development Process
- The Use of Metrics in Evaluating New Products
- Factors Contributing to the Success or Failure of New Products
- Stages in the Consumer Adoption Process for New Products
- Ethical Considerations in New Product Development
Services: The Intangible Product
- Classification of Services
- The Service-Profit Chain Model and the Service Marketing Triangle
- The Gap Model of Service Quality
- Ethical Considerations in Providing Services
Pricing Products and Services
- Pricing and Its Role in the Marketing Mix
- The Five Critical Cs of Pricing
- The Five-Step Procedure for Establishing Pricing Policy
- Pricing Strategies for New Products
- Pricing Strategies and Tactics for Existing Products
Integrated Marketing Communications
- The Promotion Mix and Its Elements
- The Communication Process
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Steps in the IMC Planning Process
- Ethical Issues in Marketing Communication
The Promotion Mix: Advertising and Public Relations
- Advertising in the Promotion Mix
- Major Decisions in Developing an Advertising Plan
- The Use of Metrics to Measure Advertising Campaign Effectiveness
- Public Relations and Its Role in the Promotion Mix
- The Advantages and Disadvantages of Public Relations
- Ethical Concerns in Advertising and Public Relations
The Promotion Mix: Personal Selling and Sales Promotion
- Personal Selling and Its Role in the Promotion Mix
- Classifications of Salespeople Involved in Personal Selling
- Steps in the Personal Selling Process
- Management of the Sales Force
- Sales Promotion and Its Role in the Promotion Mix
- Main Types of Sales Promotion
- Ethical Issues in Personal Selling and Sales Promotion
Direct, Online, Social Media, and Mobile Marketing
- Traditional Direct Marketing
- Social Media and Mobile Marketing
- Metrics Used to Evaluate the Success of Online Marketing
- Ethical Issues in Digital Marketing and Social Media
Distribution: Delivering Customer Value
- The Use and Value of Marketing Channels
- Types of Marketing Channels
- Factors Influencing Channel Choice
- Managing the Distribution Channel
- The Supply Chain and Its Functions
- Logistics and Its Functions
- Ethical Issues in Supply Chain Management
Retailing and Wholesaling
- Retailing and the Role of Retailers in the Distribution Channel
- Major Types of Retailers
- Retailing Strategy Decisions
- Recent Trends in Retailing
- Recent Trends in Wholesaling
- Ethical Issues in Retailing and Wholesaling
Sustainable Marketing: The New Paradigm
- Sustainable Marketing
- Traditional Marketing Versus Sustainable Marketing
- The Benefits of Sustainable Marketing
- Sustainable Marketing Principles
- Purpose-Driven Marketing
What Is Included in the Marketing Certificate Course
This all-inclusive Marketing Certificate Course Online package includes:
- Registration for the Marketing Certificate Course Online
- Access to a Faculty Member to provide you with personal teaching assistance
- Textbook: Principles of Marketing (e-book edition)
- Downloadable Marketing Certificate personalized with your name and the seal of the International Association of Professions Career College which you may print
- (Optional) Opportunity to order official certificates printed on fine linen paper and embossed with the gold seal of the college
- (Optional) 2024 membership in the IAPO International Organization of Business Professionals for only $2.99 per month
Register for the Marketing Certificate Course
Easy changes and cancellations
It’s easy to change or cancel your course registration. See our FAQ page for details.
It’s easy to change or cancel your course registration. See our FAQ page for details.
You can have all this for an incredible price. It can cost hundreds, or even thousands, of dollars to take other programs. (We found courses based on old editions of our guides with registration fees of up to $999 and more.) We are able to offer you online courses at a significantly lower cost to you because of our expertise from over 20 years of producing the leading online guides for non-traditional careers.
Our online certificate courses have previously been offered for a registration fee of $297 U.S. and include a textbook and professional membership – a total value of almost $377.
WINTER SPECIAL: This all-inclusive registration package for the Marketing Certificate Course is priced as only $149.00 for the February 26, 2024 course.
Register today for the Marketing Certificate Course. Enrollment is limited and registration is on a first come first served basis, so we recommend that you register early for the Marketing Certificate Course online to avoid disappointment.
If the course is full, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be notified when a new course date is scheduled.
My experience with IAP Career College was exceptional! I loved how the courses get right to the main points and you learn so much in a short period of time.
Kari Miller, Ohsweken, Ontario
How Much Money Do Marketing Professionals Make?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of marketing managers is predicted to grow 6% over the next decade, which is faster than average for all careers. Those working in marketing can expect to be compensated well for their work, too. A survey of several marketing careers suggests that salaries run anywhere from $55,000 USD to over $200,000 USD annually.
What Does a Marketing Professional Do?
Are you interested in taking a deep dive into marketing concepts and principles? Would improving your marketing skills help you to make your career or self-employment dreams a reality? Do you want to learn how to better communicate the value of products and services that you know will change people's lives? If you answered “yes” to any of the above, this introductory marketing course may be a perfect fit for you!
How Do I Become a Marketing Professional?
Earning a certificate as a marketer will equip you with the principles and techniques for becoming a professional marketer. A certificate also provides evidence of your expertise, assurance of your professionalism, an important credential for your resume, a competitive advantage when marketing your services and higher earnings (according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics).
What is the Marketing Certificate Course?
In IAP Career College’s part-time online Marketing Certificate Course you will earn certification as a marketer and learn important principles and practical step-by-step techniques for getting started in a career as a professional marketer. This online course has a recommended completion date of 6 weeks, however it may be completed in as little as 4 weeks or as long as 12 weeks. The course has been created to allow you to complete it without any teaching assistance, however as a student you have access to Faculty Members to provide you with personal teaching assistance and career advice.
What is IAP Career College?
The International Association of Professions Career College (IAP Career College) is a leading online career college offering affordable online certificate courses and professional certifications for non-traditional and "dream" careers. When you take a part-time online certificate course with IAP Career College, you can schedule your learning around your life - you can work at your own pace, at the best times for you and from the comfort of your own home. IAP Career College and affiliated company FabJob Inc (the leading online publisher of guide books on how to get started in a dream career) have served over half a million career changers on six continents since 1999.