- About Us
Managerial Accounting Certificate Course Online
Starting December 11, 2023
Register Now to Guarantee Your Spot
In this part-time online managerial accounting certificate course, you will receive a comprehensive introduction to the discipline of managerial accounting. From the importance of managerial accounting for making informed business decisions, to information about budgeting and business analysis, this course will provide you with a strong foundation in managerial accounting.
Our company and career guides have been featured in
Get a Managerial Accounting Certificate
Are you someone who loves delving into numbers to uncover hidden insights, and analyzing large amounts of information to make smart business decisions? In this course, you will receive a comprehensive introduction to the exciting world of managerial accounting.
Whether you are an aspiring managerial accountant, or simply an interested individual who wishes to take control of your own personal or business finances, this course will equip you with a strong understanding of how managerial accounting can help you to make better decisions at work or in your day-to-day life.
What Happens in the Managerial Accounting Certificate Course
The Managerial Accounting Certificate Course is an online learning program with recommended readings from the textbook (Principles of Accounting, Volume 2: Managerial Accounting). This course is self-directed, which means you may study and complete assignments at times that are most convenient for you from the comfort of your own home.
This part-time Managerial Accounting Certificate Course has a recommended completion date of 7 weeks from the start of the program, however, you may choose to complete the course in as little as 4 weeks or as long as 14 weeks, depending on your schedule.
The Managerial Accounting Certificate Course has been created to allow you to complete it without teaching assistance. However, if you have questions or need assistance, you can receive help from a Faculty Member throughout the 7 weeks of the course. Your Faculty Member is a valuable resource person who can provide you with personal teaching assistance to help you succeed in the course.
The Managerial Accounting Certificate Course has been developed to meet high academic standards, ensuring that as a graduate you can display with pride the Managerial Accounting Certificate you will earn from the International Association of Professions Career College (IAP Career College).
Accounting as a Tool for Managers
- Define Managerial Accounting and Identify the Three Primary Responsibilities of Management
- Distinguish Between Financial and Managerial Accounting
- Explain the Primary Roles and Skills Required of Managerial Accountants
- Describe the Role of the institute of Management Accountants and the Use of Ethical Standards
- Describe Trends in Today’s Business Environment and Analyze Their Impact on Accounting
Building Blocks of Managerial Accounting
- Distinguishing Between Merchandising, Manufacturing, and Service Organizations
- Identify and Apply Basic Cost Behavior Patterns
- Estimate a Variable and Fixed Cost Equation and Predict Future Costs
- Explain Contribution Margin and Calculate Contribution Margin per Unit, Contribution Margin Ratio, and Total Contribution Margin
- Calculate a Break-Even Point in Units and Dollars
- Perform Break-Even Sensitivity Analysis for a Single Product under Changing Business Situations
- Perform Break-Event Sensibility Analysis for a Multi-Product Environment under Changing Business Situations
- Calculate and Interpret a Company’s Margin of Safety and Operating Leverage
Job Order Costing
- Distinguish between Job Order Costing and Process Costing
- Describe and Identify the Three Major Components of Product Costs under Job Order Costing
- Use the Job Order Costing Method to Trace the Flow of Product Costs through the Inventory Accounts
- Compute a Predetermined Overhead Rate and Apply Overhead to Production
- Compute the Cost of a Job using Job Order Costing
- Determine and Dispose of Underapplied or Overapplied Overhead
- Prepare Journal Entries for a Job Order Cost System
- Explain How a Job Order Cost System Applies to a Nonmanufacturing Environment
- Compare and Contrast Job Order Costing and Process Coasting
- Explain and Identify Conversion Costs
- Explain and Compute Equivalent Units and Total Cost of Production in an Initial Processing Stager
- Explain and Compute Equivalent Units and Total Cost of Production in a Subsequent Processing Stager
- Prepare Journal Entries for a Process Costing System
Activity-Based, Variable, and Absorption Costing
- Calculate Predetermined Overhead and Total Cost under the Traditional Allocation Method?
- Describe and Identify Cost Drivers
- Calculate Activity-Based Product Costs
- Compare and Contrast Traditional and Activity-Based Costing Systems
- Compare and Contrast Variable and Absorption Costing
- Describe How and Why Managers Use Budgets
- Prepare Operating Budgets
- Prepare Financial Budgets
- Prepare Flexible Budgets
- Explain How Budgets Are Used to Evaluate Goals
Standard Costs and Variances
- Explain How and Why a Standard Cost Is Developed
- Compute and Evaluate Materials Variances
- Compute and Evaluate Labor Variances
- Compute and Evaluate Overhead Variances
- Describe How Companies Use Variance Analysis
Responsibility Accounting and Decentralization
- Differentiate between Centralized and Decentralized Management
- Describe How Decision-Making Differs between Centralized and Decentralized Environments
- Describe the Types of Responsibility Centers
- Describe the Effects of Various Decisions on Performance Evaluation of Responsibility Centers
Short-Term Decision Making
- Identify Relevant Information for Decision Making
- Evaluate and Determine Whether to Accept or Reject a Special Order
- Evaluate and Determine Whether to Make or Buy a Component
- Evaluate and Determine Whether to Keep or Discontinue a Segment or Product
- Evaluate and Determine Whether to Sell or Process Further
- Evaluate and Determine How to Make Decisions When Resources Are Constrained
Capital Budgeting Decisions
- Describe Capital Investment Decisions and How They Are Applied
- Evaluate the Payback and Accounting Rate of Return in Capital Investment Decisions
- Explain the Time Value of Money and Calculate Present and Future Values of Lump Sums and Annuities
- Use Discounted Cash Flow Models to Make Capital Investment Decisions
- Compare and Contrast Non-Time Value-Based Methods and Time Value-Based Methods in Capital Investment Decisions
Balanced Scorecard and Other Performance Measures
- Explain the Importance of Performance Measurement
- Identify the Characteristics of an Effective Performance Measure
- Evaluate an Operating Segment or a Project Using Return on Investment, Residual Income, and Economic Value Added
- Describe the Balanced Scorecard and Explain How it is Used
- Describe Sustainability and the Way It Creates Business Value
- Identify User Needs for Information
- Discuss Examples of Major Sustainability Initiatives
- Future Issues in Sustainability
What Is Included in the Managerial Accounting Certificate Course
This all-inclusive Managerial Accounting Certificate Course Online package includes:
- Registration for the Managerial Accounting Certificate Course Online
- Access to a Faculty Member to provide you with personal teaching assistance
- Textbook: Managerial Accounting: Principles of Accounting, Volume 2: Managerial Accounting (e-book edition)
- Downloadable Managerial Accounting Certificate personalized with your name and the seal of the International Association of Professions Career College which you may print
- (Optional) Opportunity to order official certificates printed on fine linen paper and embossed with the gold seal of the college
- (Optional) 2023-2024 membership in the IAPO International Organization of Business Professionals for only $2.99 per month
Register for the Managerial Accounting Certificate Course
HOLIDAY SEASON SPECIAL
Easy changes and cancellations
It’s easy to change or cancel your course registration. See our FAQ page for details.
It’s easy to change or cancel your course registration. See our FAQ page for details.
You can have all this for an incredible price. It can cost hundreds, or even thousands, of dollars to take other programs. (We found courses based on old editions of our guides with registration fees of up to $999 and more.) We are able to offer you online courses at a significantly lower cost to you because of our expertise from over 20 years of producing the leading online guides for non-traditional careers.
Our online certificate courses have previously been offered for a registration fee of $297 U.S. and include a textbook and professional membership – a total value of almost $377.
HOLIDAY SEASON SPECIAL: This all-inclusive registration package for the Managerial Accounting Certificate Course is priced as only $149.00 for the December 11, 2023 course.
Register today for the Managerial Accounting Certificate Course. Enrollment is limited and registration is on a first come first served basis, so we recommend that you register early for the Managerial Accounting Certificate Course online to avoid disappointment.
If the course is full, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be notified when a new course date is scheduled.
My experience with IAP Career College was exceptional! I loved how the courses get right to the main points and you learn so much in a short period of time.
Kari Miller, Ohsweken, Ontario
How Much Money Do Managerial Accountants Make?
Managerial accountants are indispensable to their employers, which is reflected in an impressive median annual salary of $73,062 according to Indeed.com. Many experienced managerial accountants earn more than $100,000 per year.
What Does a Managerial Accountant Do?
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, managerial accountants: combine accounting and financial information to guide business decision making; understand financial and nonfinancial data and how to integrate information; prepare budgets and evaluate performance; help organizations plan the cost of doing business; and work with financial managers on asset management. The information that managerial accountants prepare through all of the activities listed above is internal to the organization they are working for: any reports, forecasts, budgets, and other work done by a managerial accountant will be used internally by business managers, leadership and other decision makers.
How Do I Become a Managerial Accountant?
This is a career that requires higher education. In order to gain employment in managerial accounting, managerial accountants typically need at least a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or economics. Many accountants also pursue additional certification, such as a Certified Management Accountant (CMA) license in order to expand their career opportunities. Before investing years of time and thousands of dollars in advanced degrees, an introductory course such as this can give you the opportunity to learn core concepts and gain insight into the discipline of managerial accounting to help you decide if this is a profession you wish to pursue.
What is the Managerial Accounting Certificate Course?
In this part-time online managerial accounting certificate course, you will receive a comprehensive introduction to the discipline of managerial accounting. From the importance of managerial accounting for making informed business decisions, to information about budgeting and business analysis, this course will provide you with a strong foundation in managerial accounting. You will receive a Managerial Accounting Certificate when you successfully complete this course. This online course has a recommended completion date of 8 weeks, however it may be completed in as little as 4 weeks or as long as 16 weeks. The course has been created to allow you to complete it without any teaching assistance, however as a student you have access to Faculty Members to provide you with personal teaching assistance and career advice.
What is IAP Career College?
The International Association of Professions Career College (IAP Career College) is a leading online career college offering affordable online certificate courses and professional certifications for non-traditional and "dream" careers. When you take a part-time online certificate course with IAP Career College, you can schedule your learning around your life - you can work at your own pace, at the best times for you and from the comfort of your own home. IAP Career College and affiliated company FabJob Inc (the leading online publisher of guide books on how to get started in a dream career) have served over half a million career changers on six continents since 1999.