- About Us
Management Certificate Course Online
Starting December 11, 2023
Register Now to Guarantee Your Spot
In this part-time online Management Certificate Course you will receive a comprehensive introduction to the field of management, learn important principles about managing, and develop skills for succeeding as a manager. You will receive a Management Certificate when you successfully complete the course.
Our company and career guides have been featured in
Get a Management Certificate
Management has existed as long as humans have worked together. Defined simply by Oxford Learner’s Dictionary as “the activity of running or controlling a business or similar organization”, management today covers a wide range of areas including: human resources, strategy, leadership, motivation, and more.
In this part-time online Management Certificate Course you will receive a comprehensive introduction to the field of management, learn important principles about managing, and develop skills for succeeding as a manager.
What Happens in the Management Certificate Course
The Management Certificate Course is an online learning program with recommended readings from the textbook. This course is self-directed, which means you may study and complete assignments at times that are most convenient for you from the comfort of your own home.
This part-time Management Certificate Course has a recommended completion date of 9 weeks from the start of the program, however, you may choose to complete the course in as little as 4 weeks or as long as 18 weeks, depending on your schedule.
The Management Certificate Course has been created to allow you to complete it without teaching assistance. However, if you have questions or need assistance, you can receive help from a Faculty Member throughout the 9 weeks of the course. Your Faculty Member is a valuable resource person who can provide you with personal teaching assistance to help you succeed in the course.
The Management Certificate Course has been developed to meet high academic standards, ensuring that as a graduate you can display with pride the Management Certificate you will earn from the International Association of Professions Career College (IAP Career College).
Introduction to Managing
- What Do Managers Do?
- The Roles Managers Play
- Major Characteristics of the Manager’s Job
- Overview of Managerial Decision-Making
- How the Brain Processes Information to Make Decisions: Reflective and Reactive Systems
- Programmed and Nonprogrammed Decisions
- Barriers to Effective Decision-Making
- Improving the Quality of Decision-Making
- Group Decision-Making
The History of Management
- The Early Origins of Management
- The Italian Renaissance
- The Industrial Revolution
- Taylor-Made Management
- Administrative and Bureaucratic Management
- Human Relations Movement
- Contingency and System Management
External and Internal Organizational Environments and Corporate Culture
- The Organization’s External Environment
- External Environments and Industries
- Organizational Designs and Structures
- The Internal Organization and External Environments
- Corporate Cultures
- Organizing for Change in the 21st Century
Ethics, Corporate Responsibility, and Sustainability
- Ethics and Business Ethics Defined
- Dimensions of Ethics: The Individual Level
- Ethical Principles and Responsible Decision-Making
- Leadership: Ethics at the Organizational Level
- Ethics, Corporate Culture, and Compliance
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- Ethics around the Globe
- Emerging Trends in Ethics, CSR, and Compliance
- Importance of International Management
- Hofstede’s Cultural Framework
- The GLOBE Framework
- Cultural Stereotyping and Social Institutions
- Cross-Cultural Assignments
- Strategies for Expanding Globally
- The Necessity of Global Markets
- Characteristics of Successful Entrepreneurs
- Small Business
- Start Your Own Business
- Managing a Small Business
- The Large Impact of Small Business
- The Small Business Administration
- Trends in Entrepreneurship and Small-Business Ownership
Strategic Analysis: Understanding a Firm’s Competitive Environment
- Gaining Advantages by Understanding the Competitive Environment
- Using SWOT for Strategic Analysis
- A Firm’s External Macro Environment: PESTEL
- A Firm’s Micro Environment: Porter’s Five Forces
- The Internal Environment
- Competition, Strategy, and Competitive Advantage
- Strategic Positioning
The Strategic Management Process: Achieving and Sustaining Competitive Advantage
- Strategic Management
- Firm Vision and Mission
- The Role of Strategic Analysis in Formulating a Strategy
- Strategic Objectives and Levels of Strategy
- Planning Firm Actions to Implement Strategies
- Measuring and Evaluating Strategic Performance
Organizational Structure and Change
- Organizational Structures and Design
- Organizational Change
- Managing Change
Human Resource Management
- An Introduction to Human Resource Management
- Human Resource Management and Compliance
- Performance Management
- Influencing Employee Performance and Motivation
- Building an Organization for the Future
- Talent Development and Succession Planning
Diversity in Organizations
- An Introduction to Workplace Diversity
- Diversity and the Workforce
- Diversity and Its Impact on Companies
- Challenges of Diversity
- Key Diversity Theories
- Benefits and Challenges of Workplace Diversity
- Recommendations for Managing Diversity
- The Nature of Leadership
- The Leadership Process
- Leader Emergence
- The Trait Approach to Leadership
- Behavioral Approaches to Leadership
- Situational (Contingency) Approaches to Leadership
- Substitutes for and Neutralizers of Leadership
- Transformational, Visionary, and Charismatic Leadership
- Leadership Needs in the 21st Century
Work Motivation for Performance
- Motivation: Direction and Intensity
- Content Theories of Motivation
- Process Theories of Motivation
- Recent Research on Motivation Theories
- Teamwork in the Workplace
- Team Development Over Time
- Things to Consider When Managing Teams
- Opportunities and Challenges to Team Building
- Team Diversity
- Multicultural Teams
- The Process of Managerial Communication
- Types of Communications in Organizations
- Factors Affecting Communications and the Roles of Managers
- Managerial Communication and Corporate Reputation
- The Major Channels of Management Communication Are Talking, Listening, Reading, and Writing
Organizational Planning and Controlling
- Is Planning Important
- The Planning Process
- Types of Plans
- Goals or Outcome Statements
- Formal Organizational Planning in Practice
- Employees’ Responses to Planning
- Management by Objectives: A Planning and Control Technique
- The Control- and Involvement-Oriented Approaches to Planning and Controlling
Management of Technology and Innovation
- MTI—Its Importance Now and In the Future
- Developing Technology and Innovation
- External Sources of Technology and Innovation
- Internal Sources of Technology and Innovation
- Management Entrepreneurship Skills for Technology and Innovation
- Skills Needed for MTI
- Managing Now for Future Technology and Innovation
What Is Included in the Management Certificate Course
This all-inclusive Management Certificate Course Online package includes:
- Registration for the Management Certificate Course Online
- Access to a Faculty Member to provide you with personal teaching assistance
- Textbook: Principles of Management (e-book edition)
- Downloadable Management Certificate personalized with your name and the seal of the International Association of Professions Career College which you may print
- (Optional) Opportunity to order official certificates printed on fine linen paper and embossed with the gold seal of the college
- (Optional) 2023-2024 membership in the IAPO International Organization of Business Professionals for only $2.99 per month
Register for the Management Certificate Course
HOLIDAY SEASON SPECIAL
Easy changes and cancellations
It’s easy to change or cancel your course registration. See our FAQ page for details.
It’s easy to change or cancel your course registration. See our FAQ page for details.
You can have all this for an incredible price. It can cost hundreds, or even thousands, of dollars to take other programs. (We found courses based on old editions of our guides with registration fees of up to $999 and more.) We are able to offer you online courses at a significantly lower cost to you because of our expertise from over 20 years of producing the leading online guides for non-traditional careers.
Our online certificate courses have previously been offered for a registration fee of $297 U.S. and include a textbook and professional membership – a total value of almost $377.
HOLIDAY SEASON SPECIAL: This all-inclusive registration package for the Management Certificate Course is priced as only $149.00 for the December 11, 2023 course.
Register today for the Management Certificate Course. Enrollment is limited and registration is on a first come first served basis, so we recommend that you register early for the Management Certificate Course online to avoid disappointment.
If the course is full, please email email@example.com to be notified when a new course date is scheduled.
If IAP Career College has the course that you are looking to take, take it. I hesitated between several career colleges prior and choosing IAP was the best decision I had made. In 4 months, I had already completed 2 certifications and those won’t be my last. It gives you clear insights on the program you wish to learn and the schedule is adaptable to your lifestyle.
Nicole Buenaventura, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
How Much Money Do Managers Make?
As a manager, your income is determined by a number of factors, including: the field of management you’re in, your experience, location, and compensation structure (which may include share incentives or bonuses in addition to salary). According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage for management occupations was $109,760 in May 2020 (the highest wage of all the major occupational groups), and the median annual wage for chief executives was $185,950, with the highest 10 percent earning more than $208,000.
What Do Managers Do?
Do people often compliment you on your leadership skills? Do you love working with a team, and find it rewarding to motivate and inspire others to do the best that they can do? Are you an organized problem solver who is great at communicating with others? If you answered ‘yes’ to these questions, you may find a career in management to be both personally and professionally rewarding. As the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports, there are opportunities to start a career in management in almost any industry. Managers can find work in areas such as healthcare, finance, human resources, engineering, high-tech, advertising, retail, and more.
How Do I Become a Manager?
Starting a career in management does not often require extensive higher education, however some specialized management careers require a degree or other licenses. Before investing years of time and thousands of dollars in advanced degrees, an introductory course such as this can give you the opportunity to learn core concepts and gain insight into management career options to help you decide if this is the right path for you.
What is the Management Certificate Course?
In IAP Career College’s part-time online Management Certificate Course you will receive a comprehensive introduction to the field of management and learn important principles for succeeding as a manager. You will receive a Management Certificate when you successfully complete the course. This online course has a recommended completion date of 9 weeks, however it may be completed in as little as 4 weeks or as long as 18 weeks. The course has been created to allow you to complete it without any teaching assistance, however as a student you have access to Faculty Members to provide you with personal teaching assistance and career advice.
What is IAP Career College?
The International Association of Professions Career College (IAP Career College) is a leading online career college offering affordable online certificate courses and professional certifications for non-traditional and "dream" careers. When you take a part-time online certificate course with IAP Career College, you can schedule your learning around your life - you can work at your own pace, at the best times for you and from the comfort of your own home. IAP Career College and affiliated company FabJob Inc (the leading online publisher of guide books on how to get started in a dream career) have served over half a million career changers on six continents since 1999.