The Jewelry Designer Certificate Course has been developed to meet high academic standards, ensuring that as a graduate you can display with pride the Jewelry Designer Certificate you will earn from the International Association of Professions Career College. Topics covered in the Jewelry Designer Certificate Course include the following:
Learning the Basics of Jewelry Design
- Types of Jewelry Items
- Varieties of Jewelry Materials
- Equipment and Supplies for Creating Jewelry
- The Design Process from Idea to Prototype
- Making Your Own or Outsourcing Production
- Enhancing Your Aesthetic Sense and Creativity
- Sketching by Hand Versus Computer-Aided Design
- Learning by Doing
- Formal and Informal Ways to Master Your Craft
Getting Hired as a Jewelry Designer
- Types of Employers and Responsibilities of Design Employees
- Best Ways to Find Job Openings
- Preparing Your Portfolio and Samples
- Powerful Resumes, Cover Letters and Interviews
Starting Your Own Jewelry Design Business
- Choosing a Unique Concept and Name
- Your Business Plan
- Start-Up Budgeting and Funding
- Finding and Setting Up Your Workspace
- Setting Prices, Getting Orders, Accepting Payment and Fulfilling Orders
- Getting Help: Employees, Contractors, Manufacturers and Consignments
Marketing Your Designs
- Website, Catalogs and Other Marketing Tools
- Private Clients, Craft Shows/Galleries or Wholesale?
- Industry Tradeshows and Hiring a Sales Rep
What Happens in the Jewelry Designer Certificate Course
The Jewelry Designer Certificate course is an online learning program with suggested readings from the textbook (FabJob Guide to Become a Jewelry Designer). This course is self directed, which means you may study and complete assignments at times that are most convenient for you from the comfort of your own home.
This part-time online Jewelry Designer Certificate Course has a recommended completion date of 6 weeks from the start of the program, however, you may choose to complete the course in as little as 4 weeks or as long as 12 weeks, depending on your schedule.
The Jewelry Designer Certificate Course has been created to allow you to complete it without any teaching assistance. However, if you have questions or need assistance, you can receive help from a Faculty Member throughout the 6 weeks of the course. Your Faculty Member is a valuable resource person who can provide you with personal teaching assistance to help you succeed in the course and advice to help you succeed in the career.
What Is Included in the Jewelry Designer Certificate Course
This all-inclusive Jewelry Designer Certificate Course package includes:
- Registration for the Jewelry Designer Certificate Course
- Access to a Faculty Member to provide you with personal teaching assistance and career advice
- (Optional) 2019 membership in the IAPO International Association of Professional Jewelry Designers for only $2 per month
- Downloadable Jewelry Designer Certificate personalized with your name and the seal of the International Association of Professions Career College which you may print
- (Optional) Opportunity to order official certificates printed on fine linen paper and embossed with the gold seal of the college
- Textbook: FabJob Guide to Become a Jewelry Designer (e-book edition)
Whether your goal is to develop a name for yourself in celebrity circles, to work behind the scenes for a big designer label, or to set yourself up in a studio designing one-of-a-kind pieces, this can help you learn how to make a living using your creativity as a jewelry designer.” – Margaret Hefner, Author and Jewelry Designer who has designed for Ralph Lauren Jewelry Company and Jones New York
Registration Fee for the Jewelry Designer Certificate Course
You can have all this for an incredible price. It can cost hundreds, or even thousands, of dollars to take other programs. (We found courses based on old editions of our guides with registration fees of up to $999 and more.) We are able to offer you online courses at a significantly lower cost to you because of our expertise from almost 20 years of producing the leading online guides for non-traditional careers.
Our online career college certificate courses have previously been offered for a registration fee of $297 U.S. and includes a textbook and professional membership – a total value of almost $377. SWEET SPECIAL: This all-inclusive registration package for the Jewelry Designer Certificate Course is priced at only $97 U.S. for the February 25, 2019 course.
How to Register
Click the “REGISTER NOW” button to register for the Jewelry Designer Certificate Course.
If the course is full, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be notified when a new course date is scheduled.
Enrollment is limited and registration is on a first come first served basis, so we recommend that you register early for the Jewelry Designer Certificate Course Online to avoid disappointment.
Easy Changes and Cancellations
It’s easy to change or cancel your course registration. See our FAQ page for details.