The Genealogist Certificate Course has been developed to meet high academic standards, ensuring that as a graduate you can display with pride the Genealogist Certificate you will earn from the International Association of Professions Career College.
Topics covered in the Genealogist Certificate Course include the following:
Overview of the Genealogy Career
- What is a Genealogist and Why Do People Hire One?
- Information Gathering and Initial Clues
- Using Census, Cemetery and Other Sources of Information
- Genealogical Software
- Taking Notes, Citing Sources, Compiling Data
- Finalizing and Preparing Reports and Charts
Starting Your Genealogy Business
- Honing and Developing Your Skills
- Gaining Experience and Knowledge
- Your Business Plan
- Start-Up Budgeting and Funding
- Choosing a Name and Niche
- Negotiating Contracts and Setting Fees
Marketing Your Genealogy Business
- Marketing Tools Including Portfolio, Brochures and Website
- Advertising and Free Publicity
- Meeting with Prospective Clients and Preparing Proposals
- Getting Repeat Business and Referrals
What Happens in the Genealogist Certificate Course
The Genealogist Certificate course is an online learning program with suggested readings from the textbook (FabJob Guide to Become a Genealogist). This course is self directed, which means you may study and complete assignments at times that are most convenient for you from the comfort of your own home.
This part-time Genealogist Certificate Course has a recommended completion date of 6 weeks from the start of the program, however, you may choose to complete the course in as little as 4 weeks or as long as 12 weeks, depending on your schedule.
The Genealogist Certificate Course Online has been created to allow you to complete it without any teaching assistance. However, if you have questions or need assistance, you can receive help from a Faculty Member throughout the 6 weeks of the course. Your Faculty Member is a valuable resource person who can provide you with personal teaching assistance to help you succeed in the course and advice to help you succeed in the career.
What Is Included in the Genealogist Certificate Course
This all-inclusive Genealogist Certificate Course package includes:
- Registration for the Genealogist Certificate Course
- Access to a Faculty Member to provide you with personal teaching assistance and career advice
- (Optional) 2019-2020 membership in the IAPO International Organization of Professional Genealogists for only $2 per month
- Downloadable Genealogist Certificate personalized with your name and the seal of the International Association of Professions Career College which you may print
- (Optional) Opportunity to order official certificates printed on fine linen paper and embossed with the gold seal of the college
- Textbook: FabJob Guide to Become a Genealogist (e-book edition)
Thank you for the Genealogist course. It covered a lot of ground and made me feel much more well informed about what I needed to know to start my career as a professional genealogist. I am reading through the course a second time because there were so many resources and so much valuable information I need to read it again to make sure I am using it to the utmost degree. This saved me thousands to get me started.” – Amy Molthan
Registration Fee for the Genealogist Certificate Course
You can have all this for an incredible price. It can cost hundreds, or even thousands, of dollars to take other programs. (We found courses based on old editions of our guides with registration fees of up to $999 and more.) We are able to offer you online courses at a significantly lower cost to you because of our expertise from almost 20 years of producing the leading online guides for non-traditional careers.
Our online career college certificate courses have previously been offered for a registration fee of $297 U.S. and includes a textbook and professional membership – a total value of almost $377. SPRING SPECIAL: This all-inclusive registration package for the Genealogist Certificate Course is priced at only $97 U.S. for the June 24, 2019 course.
How to Register
Click the “REGISTER NOW” button to register for the Genealogist Certificate Course.
If the course is full, please email email@example.com to be notified when a new course date is scheduled.
Enrollment is limited and registration is on a first come first served basis, so we recommend that you register early for the Genealogist Certificate Course to avoid disappointment.
Easy Changes and Cancellations
It’s easy to change or cancel your course registration. See our FAQ page for details.