The Freelance Writer Certificate Course Online has been developed to meet high academic standards, ensuring that as a graduate you can display with pride the Freelance Writer Certificate you will earn from the International Association of Professions Career College.
Topics covered in the Freelance Writer Certificate Course include the following:
- Freelance Writing as a Career
- Types of Freelance Writers
- The Writing Industry
- Writing Skills and Knowledge
- Part-Time Freelancing
- Getting a Writing-Related Job
- Learning from Other Writers
- Evaluating Published Writing
Writing for Publication
- Types of Publications (magazines, newspapers, books, online)
- Your Writing Specialty
- How to Find Publications to Write For
- How to Write a Query
- Analyzing a Writing Assignment
- Working with an Editor
- Tips on Writing and Revising Articles
Writing for Clients
- Writing Opportunities with Corporate Clients (copywriting and marketing writing, technical writing, and more)
- Best and Worst Ways to Find Clients
- Getting Writing Work with Corporate Clients
- Preparing Proposals
- Contracts for Writing Clients
Starting Your Own Freelance Writing Business
- Creating a Business Plan
- Setting Your Fees
- Finding Support Staff
- Managing Writing Projects for Clients
Marketing Your Writing Business
- Marketing Tools
- Marketing Techniques
- Freelance Writing Marketplaces
- Free Media Publicity
What Happens in the Freelance Writer Certificate Course Online
The Freelance Writer Certificate course is an online learning program with suggested readings from the textbook (FabJob Guide to Become a Freelance Writer). This course is self directed, which means you may study and complete assignments at times that are most convenient for you from the comfort of your own home.
This part-time Freelance Writer Certificate Course has a recommended completion date of 6 weeks from the start of the program, however, you may choose to complete the course in as little as 4 weeks or as long as 12 weeks, depending on your schedule.
The Freelance Writer Certificate Course has been created to allow you to complete it without any teaching assistance. However, if you have questions or need assistance, you can receive help from a Faculty Member throughout the 6 weeks of the course. Your Faculty Member is a valuable resource person who can provide you with personal teaching assistance to help you succeed in the course and advice to help you succeed in the career.
What Is Included in the Freelance Writer Certificate Course
This all-inclusive Freelance Writer Certificate Course package includes:
- Registration for the Freelance Writer Certificate Course
- Access to a Faculty Member to provide you with personal teaching assistance and career advice
- (Optional) 2019 membership in the IAPO International Association of Professional Freelance Writers for only $2 per month
- Downloadable Freelance Writer Certificate personalized with your name and the seal of the International Association of Professions Career College which you may print
- (Optional) Opportunity to order official certificates printed on fine linen paper and embossed with the gold seal of the college
- Textbook: FabJob Guide to Become a Freelance Writer (e-book edition)
This guide shows two paths to freelancing: writing magazine and newspaper articles, and writing in the corporate world. The guide emphasizes the business side of freelancing, with lots of information about how to find and approach clients and how to bid on projects. If you can write, you can do it.” – from a review by Sue Fagalde Lick, Freelancing for Newspapers
Your Faculty Member for the Freelance Writer Certificate Course Online
The Faculty Member for the Freelance Writer Certificate Course is Kelly Boyer Sagert, who has written seven books and sold well over 1,000 pieces of her writing to magazines, newspapers, online sites and other publications. Author of the FabJob Guide to Become a Freelance Writer, Kelly is an experienced copywriter and grant writer. She also writes for encyclopedias and other anthologies, including publications from Macmillan and Harvard University Press.
Registration for the Freelance Writer Certificate Course Online
You can have all this for an incredible price. It can cost hundreds, or even thousands, of dollars to take other programs. (We found online courses based on old editions of our guides with registration fees of up to $999 and more.) We are able to offer you online certificate courses at a significantly lower cost to you because of our expertise from over 18 years of producing the leading online guides for non-traditional careers.
Our online career college certificate courses have previously been offered for a registration fee of $297 U.S. and include a textbook and professional membership – a total value of almost $377.
NEW YEAR SPECIAL: This all-inclusive registration package for the Freelance Writer Certificate Course is priced at only $97 U.S. for the January 21, 2019 course. This special price is guaranteed only for courses starting this month. Register now if you want to save on the registration fee.
How to Register
Click the “REGISTER NOW” button to register for the Freelance Writer Certificate Course Online.
If the course is full, please email email@example.com to be notified when a new course date is scheduled.
Enrollment is limited and registration is on a first come first served basis, so we recommend that you register early for the Freelance Writer Certificate Course to avoid disappointment.
Easy Changes and Cancellations
It’s easy to change or cancel your course registration. See our FAQ page for details.