The online Doula Business Owner Certificate Course has been developed to meet high academic standards, ensuring that as a graduate you can display with pride the Doula Business Owner Certificate you will earn from the International Association of Professions Career College (IAP Career College). Please note that while this certificate course provides valuable information about starting and running your own successful doula business, it is not a substitute for doula training and certification, which we recommend you obtain from DONA International or CAPPA.
Topics covered in this online certificate course include:
- What is a Doula?
- Benefits of Being a Doula
- Stories of Doula Life
- To Certify or Not to Certify; That is the Question
- Doula Organizations
Developing Your Skills
- What to look for in Doula Training
- Books and Magazines
- Education: Birth, Infant, CPR, and Breastfeeding Education
- Gaining Experience
What a Birth Doula Does
- Prenatal Meetings
- Birth Attendance
- Photography and Birth Stories
- After Birth Follow-up
What Postpartum and Antepartum Doulas Do
- Your First Meeting
- The Essence of Postpartum Doula Care
- The Essence of Antepartum Doula Care
- Household Management and Meal Preparation
- Organizing Your Time
- When Depression Strikes
You and Your Doula Business
- Legal Issues
- Marketing Tools
- Keeping Track of Your Clients and Finances
Getting Hired as a Doula
- Understanding the Fears of New and Expectant Parents
- Approaching Potential Clients
- Know Your Product!
- The Professional Look: Preparing Information Packets
- Marketing: Getting Clients to Approach You!
- Surviving Interviews
- An Interview with a Doula Teacher
- Working for an Agency
- Working in Hospitals and Birth Centers
- Working with Midwives
- How Much Should You Charge?
- Should Payment be Negotiable? Bartering and Sliding Scale Fees
- Payment Plans
Living the Doula Life
- Full-time Doula
- Avoiding Doula Burnout
- Child Care Options
- Taking Care of Your Family
What Happens in the Doula Business Owner Certificate Course Online
The Doula Business Owner Certificate Course is an online learning program with suggested readings from the textbook (FabJob Guide to Become a Doula). This course is self directed, which means you may study and complete assignments at times that are most convenient for you from the comfort of your own home.
This part-time online Doula Business Owner Certificate Course has a recommended completion date of 6 weeks from the start of the program, however, you may choose to complete the course in as little as 4 weeks or as long as 12 weeks, depending on your schedule.
The Doula Business Owner Certificate Course has been created to allow you to complete it without any teaching assistance. However, if you have questions or need assistance, you can receive help from a Faculty Member throughout the 6 weeks of the course. Your Faculty Member is a valuable resource person who can provide you with personal teaching assistance to help you succeed in the course and advice to help you succeed in the career.
What Is Included in the Doula Business Owner Certificate Course Online
This all-inclusive Doula Business Owner Certificate Course Online package includes:
- Registration for the Doula Business Owner Certificate Course Online
- Access to a Faculty Member to provide you with personal teaching assistance and career advice
- (Optional) 2019-2020 membership in the IAPO International Association of Professional Doula Business Owners for only $2 per month
- Downloadable Doula Business Owner Certificate personalized with your name and the seal of the International Association of Professions Career College which you may print
- (Optional) Opportunity to order official certificates printed on fine linen paper and embossed with the gold seal of the college
- Textbook: FabJob Guide to Become a Doula (e-book edition)
“Rachel has done an incredible job with this book – I am totally amazed at all the information she has covered. She tells you the mistakes others have made and then offers positive reinforcement on how to counter those mistakes and improve your chances of being hired. It is most helpful in getting started as a doula as well as a good companion to those who are already doulas and are looking for ways to enhance their business.” – Teresa Howard, Certified Doula, Atlanta, Georgia
Registration Fee for the Doula Business Owner Certificate Course
You can have all this for an incredible price. It can cost hundreds, or even thousands, of dollars to take other programs. (We found online courses based on old editions of our guides with registration fees of up to $999 and more.) We are able to offer you online courses at a significantly lower cost to you because of our expertise from almost 20 years of producing the leading online guides for non-traditional careers.
Our online career college certificate courses have previously been offered for a registration fee of $297 U.S. and include a textbook and professional membership – a total value of almost $377. SUMMER SPECIAL: This all-inclusive registration package for the Doula Business Owner Certificate Course Online is priced at only $77 U.S. for the July 15, 2019 course.
How to Register
Click the “REGISTER NOW” button to register for the online Doula Business Owner Certificate Course.
If the course is full, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be notified when a new course date is scheduled.
Enrollment is limited and registration is on a first come first served basis, so we recommend that you register early for the online Doula Business Owner Certificate Course to avoid disappointment.
Easy Changes and Cancellations
It’s easy to change or cancel your course registration. See our FAQ page for details.