The Dog Daycare Owner Certificate Course has been developed to meet high academic standards, ensuring that as a graduate you can display with pride the Dog Daycare Owner Certificate you will earn from the International Association of Professions Career College.
How to Start a Doggy Daycare
The Dog Daycare Owner Certificate Course covers topics of vital importance to anyone who wants to know how to start a doggy daycare, including:
How to Start and Open a Dog Daycare
- How to create a business plan for your dog daycare
- Licensing and insurance requirements for a dog daycare
- How to calculate the start-up costs for your dog daycare (includes sample budget forms) plus ways to save money when starting a dog daycare
- What you need to consider when choosing a location for your dog daycare
- What equipment and supplies you need to start a dog daycare (includes a helpful checklist and list of suppliers)
- Interior design of your dog daycare with tips on areas you will need and issues to consider
- Helpful samples you can use in your dog daycare business
Running Your Dog Daycare
- Setting prices for your dog daycare service (and when you should charge a premium)
- Setting your hours and scheduling your four-legged guests in for the day
- Greeting clients of your dog daycare and intake of their pets
- Setting proper hygiene practices for a dog daycare
- Dog daycare health and safety considerations for both people and pets
- How to determine the staffing needs of your dog daycare (including industry-recommended staff-to-pet ratios)
- How to market a dog daycare business, including:
– How to find those first clients of your dog daycare when you are just starting out
– Developing promotional materials to market your dog daycare (print advertising, website, brochures, etc.)
– Low-cost ways to attract dog daycare clients through free publicity
– How to approach corporate clients about a strategic partnership with your dog daycare
- How to get repeat business (and referrals) from your dog daycare clients
PLUS, you will discover
- The top-three skills you’ll need to succeed when you start a dog daycare business
- Ways to keep employees happy and avoid staff turnover
- Ways to give your clients exceptional service that will get people talking about your dog daycare
- Samples of what you need to start a dog daycare business, including:
– Sample start-up and operating budget forms for a dog daycare
– Sample client receipt for dog daycare
– Sample press release for a dog daycare
- A supply and equipment checklist for a dog daycare
- How to increase your profits by adding luxury dog daycare such as:
– Transportation to and from your dog daycare
– Grooming and pet spa
– Onsite pet boutique (includes a list of suppliers of pet products)
– Obedience training
What Happens in the Dog Daycare Owner Certificate Course
The Dog Daycare Owner Certificate course is an online learning program with suggested readings from the textbook (FabJob Guide to Become a Dog Daycare Owner). This course is self directed, which means you may study and complete assignments at times that are most convenient for you from the comfort of your own home. Through this online course, you will learn how to start a doggy daycare.
This part-time Dog Daycare Owner Certificate Course has a recommended completion date of 6 weeks from the start of the program, however, you may choose to complete the course in as little as 4 weeks or as long as 12 weeks, depending on your schedule.
The Dog Daycare Owner Certificate Course has been created to allow you to complete it without any teaching assistance. However, if you have questions or need assistance, you can receive help from a Faculty Member throughout the 6 weeks of the course. Your Faculty Member is a valuable resource person who can provide you with personal teaching assistance to help you succeed in the course and advice to help you succeed in the career.
What Is Included in the Dog Daycare Owner Certificate Course
This all-inclusive Dog Daycare Owner Certificate Course package includes:
- Registration for the Dog Daycare Owner Certificate Course (learn how to start a doggy daycare)
- Access to a Faculty Member to provide you with personal teaching assistance and dog daycare business advice
- (Optional) 2019-2020 membership in the IAPO International Association of Professional Dog Daycare Owners for only $2 per month
- Downloadable Dog Daycare Owner Certificate personalized with your name and the seal of the International Association of Professions Career College which you may print
- (Optional) Opportunity to order official certificates printed on fine linen paper and embossed with the gold seal of the college
- Textbook: FabJob Guide to Become a Dog Daycare Owner (e-book edition)
I’ve changed my career goals a couple of times in the past three years, but I keep coming back to working with pets. I’ve been a pet groomer for years and am wanting to expand to doggy day care. Your Guide to Become a Dog Daycare Owner is my favorite one yet. Thanks so much for all you do.” – Lori Gieseking
Registration Fee for the Dog Daycare Owner Certificate Course
You can have all this for an incredible price. It can cost hundreds, or even thousands, of dollars to take other programs. (We found courses based on old editions of our guides with registration fees of up to $999 and more.) We are able to offer you online courses at a significantly lower cost to you because of our expertise from almost 20 years of producing the leading online guides for non-traditional careers.
Our online career college certificate courses have previously been offered for a registration fee of $297 U.S. and includes a textbook and professional membership – a total value of almost $377. HOLIDAY SEASON SPECIAL: This all-inclusive registration package for the Dog Daycare Owner Certificate Course is priced at only $97 U.S. for the December 16, 2019 course.
How to Register
Click the “REGISTER NOW” button to register for the Dog Daycare Owner Certificate Course.
If the course is full, please email email@example.com to be notified when a new course date is scheduled.
Enrollment is limited and registration is on a first come first served basis, so we recommend that you register early for the Dog Daycare Owner Certificate Course to avoid disappointment.
Easy Changes and Cancellations
It’s easy to change or cancel your course registration. See our FAQ page for details.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Money Can You Make Running A Doggy Daycare?
As a dog daycare owner, your income is determined by a number of factors, including: your experience, location, business model and how much revenue your dog daycare generates. According to data from PayScale, the average income for a small business owner in the United States is $73,000 – however this can range up to $182,000 or more.
What Does a Dog Daycare Owner Do?
At a dog daycare (also known as a doggy daycare, doggie daycare or dog day care), owners drop off their pets for a day of socializing with other dogs, and then pick them up in the evening. Your own dog daycare business can be anything you want it to be. You might choose to have your dog daycare business specialize in long-term (overnight) care, large or small breeds, or drop-in care for a few hours at a time.
How Do I Start a Doggy Daycare Business?
Earning a certificate as a dog daycare owner will equip you with the principles and techniques for starting a doggy daycare business and becoming a professional dog daycare owner. A certificate also provides evidence of your expertise, assurance of your professionalism, an important credential for your resume, a competitive advantage when marketing your services and higher earnings (according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics).
What is the Dog Daycare Owner Certificate Course?
In IAP Career College’s part-time online Dog Daycare Owner Certificate Course you will earn certification as a dog daycare owner and learn important principles and practical step-by-step techniques for getting started in a career as a professional dog daycare owner. This online course has a recommended completion date of 6 weeks, however it may be completed in as little as 4 weeks or as long as 12 weeks. The course has been created to allow you to complete it without any teaching assistance, however as a student you have access to Faculty Members to provide you with personal teaching assistance and career advice.
What is IAP Career College?
The International Association of Professions Career College (IAP Career College) is a leading online career college offering affordable online certificate courses and professional certifications for non-traditional and “dream” careers. When you take a part-time online certificate course with IAP Career College, you can schedule your learning around your life – you can work at your own pace, at the best times for you and from the comfort of your own home. IAP Career College and affiliated company FabJob Inc (the leading online publisher of guide books on how to get started in a dream career) have served over half a million career changers on six continents since 1999.