If you have experience as a Death Doula you may qualify for Professional Certification or Master Certification.
IAP Career College now offers certification through IAPO for individuals who have worked to establish themselves as professionals in one of the fields for which we provide career education. IAPO is the International Association of Professional Organizations, an association of almost 100 professional membership organizations affiliated with IAP Career College.
Who is Eligible for Death Doula Professional Certification
The minimum requirement to become an IAPO Certified Professional Death Doula is a combination of experience and education equivalent to three (3) years of full-time employment, while the minimum requirement to become an IAPO Master Certified Death Doula is the equivalent of five (5) years of full-time employment.
If you do not yet have years of full-time employment as a Death Doula, you may be able to achieve IAPO Professional Certification by providing evidence of relevant life experience demonstrating your knowledge and expertise as a Death Doula.
Applicants may choose from a menu of dozens of life experience options chosen by a team of IAP Career College faculty members with expertise in professional education. Life experiences that may count towards professional certification include: self-employment, volunteer work, continuing education, mentoring, and more.
The life experience options have point values, with a minimum of 60 points needed to qualify for IAPO Professional Certification and a minimum of 100 points needed to qualify for Master Certification. You can see a list of life experience options and values on the Life Experience Qualifications page.
What Is Included With Death Doula Professional Certification
Successful applicants for Death Doula Professional Certification have the option of receiving all of the following services and benefits included with the certification.
- The right to use an IAPO professional certification designation after your name on business cards and marketing materials. Current designations are IAPOC for IAPO Professional Certification and IAPMC for IAPO Master Certification.
- One-year professional membership in the IAPO International Association of Professional Death Doulas.
- Listing in the online member directory of IAPO International Association of Professional Organizations as a Certified Professional, including information about you and your professional services plus a link to your website.
- (Optional) Announcement by IAP Career College of your achievement with a photo of you and link to your website.
- Downloadable IAPO Certified Professional or IAPO Master Certified Death Doula certificate personalized with your name and the seal of the International Association of Professions Career College.
- (Optional) Opportunity to order official certificates printed on fine linen paper and embossed with the gold seal of the college.
How to Apply for Death Doula Professional Certification
Here are the steps to apply for IAPO Professional Certification or IAPO Master Certification:
1. First go to the Life Experience Qualifications page. That page lists the various life experiences that can count towards professional certification, with points given for each type of experience. That page also explains how to provide evidence of your experience.
2. Prepare the list of your qualifying life experiences.
3. Assemble all your supporting documents so they can be uploaded with your application.
4. Click on APPLY NOW. That will take you to a page where you will fill out the application form with supporting documents and submit your payment.
5. Your application and supporting materials will be reviewed within 15 business days by personnel from International Association of Professions Career College which administers the IAPO Professional Certification and IAPO Master Certification programs.
APPLICATION FEE: The application fee for IAPO Professional Certification is $197 U.S. and the fee for IAPO Master Certification is $297. This fee may be tax deductible as a business expense. IAPO MEMBERS SAVE 50%: Use coupon code IAPO for a 50% discount off the regular application fee. If your application is unsuccessful, you will receive a refund minus a $25 administrative fee.
FALL DEADLINE: Apply by November 30, 2020
After you have read the information on this page and assembled your supporting documents, click the “APPLY NOW” button below to submit your application for IAPO Professional Certification or IAPO Master Certification.
Register for the Death Doula Professional Certification Based on Life Experience
$197 for Professional Certification and $297 for Master Certification
It’s easy to change or cancel your course registration. See our FAQ page for details.
REGISTRATION FEE: The Death Doula Professional Certification Based on Life Experience, including all services and benefits, is valued at $797 U.S. As this is a new program, the course is currently being offered for a reduced fee depending on your starting date.
For 2020, the course is scheduled to be offered once per semester. The registration fee for the course is $. This fee may be tax deductible as a business expense, and is fully refundable if your application is not accepted for any reason.
If the course is full, please email email@example.com to be notified when a new course date is scheduled.