The Caterer Certificate Course has been developed to meet high academic standards, ensuring that as a graduate you can display with pride the Caterer Certificate you will earn from the International Association of Professions Career College.
Topics covered in the Caterer Certificate Course include the following:
- Catering Skills and Knowledge
- Creativity – The Magic Ingredient
- Other Skills and Knowledge You Will Need
- On-the-Job Learning
- Other Ways of Learning Catering
- Resources for Self-Study
Starting Your Catering Business
- Choosing a Catering Specialization
- Full-Service Catering
- Corporate Catering
- Catering Styles for Any Event
- Business Planning
- Your Kitchen
- Obtaining Supplies and Equipment
- Financial Matters
- Setting Your Fees
- Working with Support Staff and Contractors
Running Your Catering Business
- How to Do a Client Consultation
- Client Consultations for Private Events
- Client Consultations for Corporate Events
- Preparing an Estimate
- Getting a Signed Contract and Getting Paid
- Planning Your Menus
- Cooking for Special Diets
- Planning a Catered Event
- Developing a Schedule
- Hiring Staff for an Event
- Working with Your Client’s Site
- Transporting Prepared Food
- Cleaning Up and Loading Out
- Choose Your Target Markets
- Marketing Tools
- Marketing Techniques
- Getting Free Media Publicity
- Promotional Events
- Creative Marketing Ideas
- Responding to Inquiries
- Meeting with Prospective Clients
- Selling to Corporate Clients
What Happens in the Caterer Certificate Course
The Caterer Certificate course is an online learning program with suggested readings from the textbook (FabJob Guide to Become a Caterer). This course is self directed, which means you may study and complete assignments at times that are most convenient for you from the comfort of your own home.
This part-time Caterer Certificate Course has a recommended completion date of 6 weeks from the start of the program, however, you may choose to complete the course in as little as 4 weeks or as long as 12 weeks, depending on your schedule.
The Caterer Certificate Course has been created to allow you to complete it without any teaching assistance. However, if you have questions or need assistance, you can receive help from a Faculty Member throughout the 6 weeks of the course. Your Faculty Member is a valuable resource person who can provide you with personal teaching assistance to help you succeed in the course and advice to help you succeed in the career.
What Is Included in the Caterer Certificate Course
This all-inclusive Caterer Certificate Course package includes:
- Registration for the Caterer Certificate Course
- Access to a Faculty Member to provide you with personal teaching assistance and career advice
- (Optional) 2018 membership in the IAPO International Association of Professional Caterers for only $2 per month
- Downloadable Caterer Certificate personalized with your name and the seal of the International Association of Professions Career College which you may print
- (Optional) Opportunity to order official certificates printed on fine linen paper and embossed with the gold seal of the college
- Textbook: FabJob Guide to Become a Caterer (e-book edition)
I was very impressed with the depth of information and tips offered… I would recommend this guide to anyone who is thinking about starting a catering business.” – Dawn Hutchinson
Registration for the Caterer Certificate Course
You can have all this for an incredible price. It can cost hundreds, or even thousands, of dollars to take other programs. (We found online courses based on old editions of our guides with registration fees of up to $999 and more.) We are able to offer you online certificate courses at a significantly lower cost to you because of our expertise from over 17 years of producing the leading online guides for non-traditional careers.
Our online career college certificate course have previously been offered for a registration fee of $297 U.S. and include a textbook and professional membership – a total value of almost $377.
LOVE YOUR CAREER SPECIAL: This all-inclusive registration package for the Caterer Certificate Course is priced at only $97 U.S. for the February 19, 2018 course. This special price is guaranteed only for courses starting this month. Register now if you want to save on the registration fee.
How to Register
Click the “REGISTER NOW” button to register for the Caterer Certificate Course.
If the course is full, please email email@example.com to be notified when a new course date is scheduled.
Enrollment is limited and registration is on a first come first served basis, so we recommend that you register early for the Caterer Certificate Course to avoid disappointment.
Easy Changes and Cancellations
It’s easy to change or cancel your course registration. See our FAQ page for details.