The online part-time Cake Decorator Certificate Course has been developed to meet high academic standards, ensuring that as a graduate you can display with pride the Cake Decorator Certificate you will earn from the International Association of Professions Career College. Topics covered in the Cake Decorator Certificate Course include the following:
How to Decorate Cakes and Cupcakes
- Your Professional Cake Decorator’s Kit
- Selecting the Right Style for an Occasion
- Assembling, Supporting, and Transporting Tiered Cakes
- Buttercreams, Fondants, Airbrushing, Edible Photo Transfers and More
- Step-by-Step Instructions for Several Projects
Starting Your Business
- Your Business Plan
- Choosing a Specialty
- Choosing a Business Name
- Start-Up Budgeting and Funding
- Working from Home or a Commercial Kitchen
- Choosing a Retail Location
- Setting Your Prices
- Hiring Great Employees
Marketing Your Cakes and Cupcakes
- Your Marketing Plan
- Planning a Grand Opening
- Your Marketing tools
- Advertising and Publicity
- Developing Strategic Partnerships
What Happens in the Cake Decorator Certificate Course
The Cake Decorator Certificate Course is an online learning program with suggested readings from the textbook (FabJob Guide to Become a Cake Decorator). This course is self directed, which means you may study and complete assignments at times that are most convenient for you from the comfort of your own home.
This part-time online Cake Decorator Certificate Course has a recommended completion date of 6 weeks from the start of the program, however, you may choose to complete the course in as little as 4 weeks or as long as 12 weeks, depending on your schedule.
The Cake Decorator Certificate Course has been created to allow you to complete it without any teaching assistance. However, if you have questions or need assistance, you can receive help from a Faculty Member throughout the 6 weeks of the course. Your Faculty Member is a valuable resource person who can provide you with personal teaching assistance to help you succeed in the course and advice to help you succeed in the career.
What Is Included in the Cake Decorator Certificate Course
This all-inclusive Cake Decorator Certificate Course package includes:
- Registration for the online Cake Decorator Certificate Course
- Access to a Faculty Member to provide you with personal teaching assistance and career advice
- (Optional) 2019-2020 membership in the IAPO International Association of Professional Cake Decorators for only $2 per month
- Downloadable Cake Decorator Certificate personalized with your name and the seal of the International Association of Professions Career College which you may print
- (Optional) Opportunity to order official certificates printed on fine linen paper and embossed with the gold seal of the college
- Textbook: FabJob Guide to Become a Cake Decorator (e-book edition)
My first year of business I had 80+ orders for wedding cakes. The next year I expanded to include cookies, cupcakes and special occasion orders, and my business more than doubled. I diversified to include corporate orders, and growth continues to exceed 100% for the current year.” – Yvonne Zensner, The Cake Box & Sweet Indulgences Cupcake Cafe (Yvonne is one of the cake decorating and cupcake business experts who give advice in this guide)
Registration Fee for the Cake Decorator Certificate Course
You can have all this for an incredible price. It can cost hundreds, or even thousands, of dollars to take other programs. (We found courses based on old editions of our guides with registration fees of up to $999 and more.) We are able to offer you online courses at a significantly lower cost to you because of our expertise from almost 20 years of producing the leading online guides for non-traditional careers.
Our online career college certificate courses have previously been offered for a registration fee of $297 U.S. and includes a textbook and professional membership – a total value of almost $377. SUMMER SPECIAL: This all-inclusive registration package for the Cake Decorator Certificate Course is priced at only $97 U.S. for the July 22, 2019 course.
How to Register
Click the “REGISTER NOW” button to register for the Cake Decorator Certificate Course Online.
If the course is full, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be notified when a new course date is scheduled.
Enrollment is limited and registration is on a first come first served basis, so we recommend that you register early for the Cake Decorator Certificate Course to avoid disappointment.
Easy Changes and Cancellations
It’s easy to change or cancel your course registration. See our FAQ page for details.