- About Us
Business Ethics Certificate Course Online
Starting December 11, 2023
Register Now to Guarantee Your Spot
In this part-time online Business Ethics Certificate Course you will receive a comprehensive introduction to the field of business ethics. You will learn about current issues and future trends, with examples of real companies achieving business success and profiting by making ethical decisions.
Our company and career guides have been featured in
Get a Business Ethics Certificate
In a Forbes article titled “Doing the Right Thing Is Just Profitable”, business author Peter Georgescu describes how recent studies have shown “the most ethical and enlightened companies in the United States consistently outperform their competitors.”
In this course, you will learn about business ethics, including examples of real companies achieving business success and profiting by making ethical decisions. From the course:
Business ethics is the conduct by which companies and their agents abide by the law and respect the rights of their stakeholders, particularly their customers, clients, employees, and the surrounding community and environment.
Stakeholders, including many investors, typically value a leadership team that chooses the ethical way to accomplish the company’s legitimate for-profit goals. For example, the Patagonia company donates 1 percent of all sales to help save the planet. In part because of this program, Patagonia has become a market leader in outdoor gear.
What Happens in the Business Ethics Certificate Course
The Business Ethics Certificate Course is an online learning program with recommended readings from the textbook (Introduction to Business Ethics). This course is self-directed, which means you may study and complete assignments at times that are most convenient for you from the comfort of your own home.
This part-time Business Ethics Certificate Course has a recommended completion date of 8 weeks from the start of the program, however, you may choose to complete the course in as little as 4 weeks or as long as 12 weeks, depending on your schedule.
The Business Ethics Certificate Course has been created to allow you to complete it without teaching assistance. However, if you have questions or need assistance, you can receive help from a Faculty Member throughout the 8 weeks of the course. Your Faculty Member is a valuable resource person who can provide you with personal teaching assistance to help you succeed in the course.
The Business Ethics Certificate Course has been developed to meet high academic standards, ensuring that as a graduate you can display with pride the Business Ethics Certificate you will earn from the International Association of Professions Career College (IAP Career College).
Why Ethics Matter
- Being a Professional of Integrity
- Ethics and Profitability
- Multiple versus Single Ethical Standards
Ethics from Antiquity to the Present
- The Concept of Ethical Business in Ancient Athens
- Ethical Advice for Nobles and Civil Servants in Ancient China
- Comparing the Virtue Ethics of East and West
- Utilitarianism: The Greatest Good for the Greatest Number
- Deontology: Ethics as Duty
- A Theory of Justice
Defining and Prioritizing Stakeholders
- Adopting a Stakeholder Orientation
- Weighing Stakeholder Claims
- Ethical Decision-Making and Prioritizing Stakeholders
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
Three Special Stakeholders: Society, the Environment, and Government
- Corporate Law and Corporate Responsibility
- Sustainability; Business and the Environment
- Government and the Private Sector
The Impact of Culture and Time on Business Ethics
- The Relationship between Business Ethics and Culture
- Business Ethics over Time
- The Influence of Geography and Religion
- Are the Values Central to Business Ethics Universal?
What Employers Owe Employees
- The Workplace Environment and Working Conditions
- What Constitutes a Fair Wage?
- An Organized Workforce
- Privacy in the Workplace
What Employees Owe Employers
- Loyalty to the Company?
- Loyalty to the Brand and to Customers
- Contributing to a Positive Work Atmosphere
- Financial Integrity?
- Criticism of the Company and Whistleblowing
Recognizing and Respecting the Rights of All
- Diversity and inclusion in the Workforce
- Accommodating Different Abilities and Faiths
- Sexual Identification and Orientation
- Income Inequalities
- Animal Rights and the Implications for Business
Professions under the Microscope
- Entrepreneurship and Start-Up Culture
- The Influence of Advertising
- The Insurance Industry
- Ethical Issues in the Provision of Health Care
Changing Work Environments and Future Trends
- More Telecommuting or Less?
- Workplace Campuses
- Alternatives to Traditional Patterns of Work
- Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, and the Workplace of the Future
Why Ethics Still Matter
- Business Ethics in and Evolving Environment
- Committing to an Ethical View
- Becoming an Ethical Professional
- Making a Difference in the Business World
- A Succinct Theory of Business Ethics
- The Lives of Ethical Philosophers
- Profiles in Business Ethics: Contemporary Thought Leaders
What Is Included in the Business Ethics Certificate Course
This all-inclusive Business Ethics Certificate Course Online package includes:
- Registration for the Business Ethics Certificate Course Online
- Access to a Faculty Member to provide you with personal teaching assistance
- Textbook: Business Ethics (e-book edition)
- Downloadable Business Ethics Certificate personalized with your name and the seal of the International Association of Professions Career College which you may print
- (Optional) Opportunity to order official certificates printed on fine linen paper and embossed with the gold seal of the college
- (Optional) 2023-2024 membership in the IAPO International Organization of Business Professionals for only $2.99 per month
Register for the Business Ethics Certificate Course
HOLIDAY SEASON SPECIAL
Easy changes and cancellations
It’s easy to change or cancel your course registration. See our FAQ page for details.
It’s easy to change or cancel your course registration. See our FAQ page for details.
You can have all this for an incredible price. It can cost hundreds, or even thousands, of dollars to take other programs. (We found courses based on old editions of our guides with registration fees of up to $999 and more.) We are able to offer you online courses at a significantly lower cost to you because of our expertise from over 20 years of producing the leading online guides for non-traditional careers.
Our online certificate courses have previously been offered for a registration fee of $297 U.S. and include a textbook and professional membership – a total value of almost $377.
HOLIDAY SEASON SPECIAL: This all-inclusive registration package for the Business Ethics Certificate Course is priced as only $97.00 for the December 11, 2023 course.
Register today for the Business Ethics Certificate Course. Enrollment is limited and registration is on a first come first served basis, so we recommend that you register early for the Business Ethics Certificate Course online to avoid disappointment.
If the course is full, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be notified when a new course date is scheduled.
If IAP Career College has the course that you are looking to take, take it. I hesitated between several career colleges prior and choosing IAP was the best decision I had made. In 4 months, I had already completed 2 certifications and those won’t be my last. It gives you clear insights on the program you wish to learn and the schedule is adaptable to your lifestyle.
Nicole Buenaventura, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
How Much Can I Earn in the Field of Business Ethics?
This is a new field and the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) does not have wage data specifically for sustainability or other ethics occupations. However, many positions are in management for which the median annual wage was $102,450 in 2021, the highest wage of all the major occupational groups.
What Jobs Can I Get in the Field of Business Ethics?
There are several job titles in the field of business ethics including: Ethics Officer, Director of Corporate Social Responsibility, Compliance Officer, and Sustainability Manager.
What is the Business Ethics Certificate Course?
In IAP Career College’s part-time online Business Ethics Certificate Course you will receive a comprehensive introduction to the field of business ethics. You will learn about current issues and future trends, with examples of real companies achieving business success and profiting by making ethical decisions. You will receive a Business Ethics Certificate when you successfully complete the course. This online course has a recommended completion date of 8 weeks, however it may be completed in as little as 4 weeks or as long as 12 weeks. The course has been created to allow you to complete it without any teaching assistance, however as a student you have access to Faculty Members to provide you with personal teaching assistance and career advice.
What is IAP Career College?
The International Association of Professions Career College (IAP Career College) is a leading online career college offering affordable online certificate courses and professional certifications for non-traditional and "dream" careers. When you take a part-time online certificate course with IAP Career College, you can schedule your learning around your life - you can work at your own pace, at the best times for you and from the comfort of your own home. IAP Career College and affiliated company FabJob Inc (the leading online publisher of guide books on how to get started in a dream career) have served over half a million career changers on six continents since 1999.