- About Us
Business Certificate Course Online
Starting December 11, 2023
Register Now to Guarantee Your Spot
In this part-time online Business Certificate Course you will receive a comprehensive introduction to the world of business, discover emerging business trends, and learn important principles for business success. You will receive a Business Certificate when you successfully complete the course.
Our company and career guides have been featured in
Get a Business Certificate
Thousands of new businesses are born every day. Only a rare few will become the next Apple, Google, or Amazon, while many others will never see their first anniversary. If you have ever wondered why some businesses fail while others succeed, you will find answers in this course.
With information from classic business studies and current examples from a range of industries across the globe, you will receive a comprehensive introduction to the world of business, discover emerging business trends, and learn important principles for business success.
What Happens in the Business Certificate Course
The Business Certificate Course is an online learning program with recommended readings from the textbook. This course is self-directed, which means you may study and complete assignments at times that are most convenient for you from the comfort of your own home.
This part-time Business Certificate Course has a recommended completion date of 8 weeks from the start of the program, however, you may choose to complete the course in as little as 4 weeks or as long as 16 weeks, depending on your schedule.
The Business Certificate Course has been created to allow you to complete it without teaching assistance. However, if you have questions or need assistance, you can receive help from a Faculty Member throughout the 8 weeks of the course. Your Faculty Member is a valuable resource person who can provide you with personal teaching assistance to help you succeed in the course.
The Business Certificate Course has been developed to meet high academic standards, ensuring that as a graduate you can display with pride the Business Certificate you will earn from the International Association of Professions Career College (IAP Career College).
Understanding Economic Systems and Business
- The Nature of Business
- Understanding the Business Environment
- How Business and Economics Work
- Macroeconomics: The Big Picture
- Microeconomics: Zeroing in on Businesses and Consumers
- Competing in a Free Market
- Trends in the Business Environment and Competition
Competing in the Global Marketplace
- Barriers to Trade
- International Economic Communities
- Participating in the Global Marketplace
- Threats and Opportunities in the Global Marketplace
- The Impact of Multinational Corporations
- Trends in Global Competition
Management and Leadership in Today’s Organizations
- The Role of Management
- Leading, Guiding, and Motivating Others
- Managerial Roles and Skills
- Trends in Management and Leadership
Achieving World-Class Operations Management
- Production and Operations Management-An Overview
- The Production Process: How Do We Make It?
- Location, Location, Location: Where Do We Make It?
- Pulling It Together: Resource Planning
- Production and Operations Control
- Looking for a Better Way: Improving Production and Operations
- Transforming the Factory Floor with Technology
- Trends in Production and Operations Management
Creating Products and Pricing Strategies to Meet Customers’ Needs
- The Marketing Concept
- Creating a Marketing Strategy
- Developing a Marketing Mix
- Buyer Behavior
- Market Segmentation
- Creating Products That Deliver Value
- The Product Life Cycle
- Pricing Strategies and Future Trends
- Trends in Developing Products and Pricing
Distributing and Promoting Products and Services
- The Nature and Functions of Distribution
- The Competitive World of Retailing
- Using Supply Chain Management
- Increasing Efficiency and Customer Satisfaction
- The Huge Impact of Advertising
- Sales Promotion
- Public Relations Helps Build Goodwill
- Trends in Social Media and E-Commerce
Using Technology to Manage Information
- Transforming Businesses through Information
- Linking Up: Computer Networks
- Management Information Systems
- Technology Management and Planning
- Protecting Computers and Information
- Trends in Information Technology
Using Financial Information and Accounting
- Accounting: More than Numbers
- Basic Accounting Procedures
- The Balance Sheet
- The Income Statement
- The Statement of Cash Flows
- Analyzing Financial Statements
- Trends in Accounting
Managing Human Resources and Labor Relations
- Achieving High Performance Through Human Resources Management
- Employee Recruitment and Selection
- Employee Training and Development
- Performance Planning and Evaluation
- Employee Compensation and Benefits
- The Labor Relations Process
- Managing Grievances and Conflicts
- Trends in Human Resource Management and Labor Relations
- Early Theories of Motivation
- The Hawthorne Studies
- Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs
- McGregor’s Theories X and Y
- Herzberg’s Motivator-Hygiene Theory
- Contemporary Views on Motivation
- Trends in Employee Motivation
Understanding Money and Financial Institutions
- Show Me the Money
- The Federal Reserve System
- U.S. Financial Institutions
- Insuring Bank Deposits
- International Banking
- Trends in Financial Institutions
Understanding Financial Management and Securities Markets
- The Role of Finance and the Financial Manager
- How Organizations Use Funds
- Obtaining Short-Term Financing
- Raising Long-Term Financing
- Equity Financing
- Buying and Selling at Securities Exchanges
- Trends in Financial Management and Securities Markets
Designing Organizational Structures
- Building Organizational Structures
- Using Teams to Enhance Motivation and Performance
- Authority-Establishing Organizational Relationships
- Degree of Centralization
- Organizational Design Considerations
- The Informal Organization
- Trends in Organizational Structure
Making Ethical Decisions and Managing a Socially Responsible Business
- Understanding Business Ethics
- How Organizations Influence Ethical Conduct
- Managing a Socially Responsible Business
- Responsibilities to Stakeholders
- Trends in Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
Forms of Business Ownership
- Going It Alone: Sole Proprietorships
- Partnerships: Sharing the Load
- Corporations: Limiting Your Liability
- Specialized Forms of Business Organization
- Franchising: A Popular Trend
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Trends in Business Ownership
Entrepreneurship: Starting and Managing Your Own Business
- Entrepreneurship Today
- Characteristics of Successful Entrepreneurs
- Small Business: Driving America’s Growth
- Ready, Set, Start Your Own Business
- Managing a Small Business
- Small Business, Large Impact
- Trends in Entrepreneurship and Small-Business Ownership
Understanding the Legal and Tax Environment
What Is Included in the Business Certificate Course
This all-inclusive Business Certificate Course Online package includes:
- Registration for the Business Certificate Course Online
- Access to a Faculty Member to provide you with personal teaching assistance
- Textbook: Introduction to Business (e-book edition)
- Downloadable Business Certificate personalized with your name and the seal of the International Association of Professions Career College which you may print
- (Optional) Opportunity to order official certificates printed on fine linen paper and embossed with the gold seal of the college
- (Optional) 2023-2024 membership in the IAPO International Organization of Business Professionals for only $2.99 per month
Register for the Business Certificate Course
HOLIDAY SEASON SPECIAL
Easy changes and cancellations
It’s easy to change or cancel your course registration. See our FAQ page for details.
It’s easy to change or cancel your course registration. See our FAQ page for details.
You can have all this for an incredible price. It can cost hundreds, or even thousands, of dollars to take other programs. (We found courses based on old editions of our guides with registration fees of up to $999 and more.) We are able to offer you online courses at a significantly lower cost to you because of our expertise from over 20 years of producing the leading online guides for non-traditional careers.
Our online certificate courses have previously been offered for a registration fee of $297 U.S. and include a textbook and professional membership – a total value of almost $377.
HOLIDAY SEASON SPECIAL: This all-inclusive registration package for the Business Certificate Course is priced as only $149.00 for the December 11, 2023 course.
Register today for the Business Certificate Course. Enrollment is limited and registration is on a first come first served basis, so we recommend that you register early for the Business Certificate Course online to avoid disappointment.
If the course is full, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be notified when a new course date is scheduled.
If IAP Career College has the course that you are looking to take, take it. I hesitated between several career colleges prior and choosing IAP was the best decision I had made. In 4 months, I had already completed 2 certifications and those won’t be my last. It gives you clear insights on the program you wish to learn and the schedule is adaptable to your lifestyle.
Nicole Buenaventura, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
How Much Does a Businessperson Make?
As a businessperson, your income is determined by a number of factors, including: the field of business you’re in, your experience, location, business model, and how much revenue your business generates (if you’re a business owner). According to data from PayScale, the average income for a small business owner in the United States is $73,000 - however this can range up to $182,000 or more. For example, business consultants are among the most highly paid professionals. Entry-level consultants earn an average of $65,000 annually while senior partners earn an average of over $300,000. Independent business consultants can earn $35 to $400 or more per hour.
What Does a Businessperson Do?
Business skills are in demand from healthcare to high tech and beyond. Whether you want to get hired by a large corporation or start your own business someday, you can find opportunities in virtually every industry. It doesn’t matter if you most enjoy working with people, products, or information, you can choose a business career that will allow you to enjoy a range of benefits. Whether you want high pay, flexibility, teamwork, variety, a sense of achievement, or something else, there is a business career that can give you what you want. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics lists numerous lucrative careers in business, from budget analysts to training specialists. With a business background you might also go on to become a consultant or manager or find a rewarding financial role.
How Do You Become a Businessperson?
Starting a career in business does not often require extensive higher education, however some specialized business careers, such as accounting, require a degree or other licenses. Before investing years of time and thousands of dollars in advanced degrees, an introductory course such as this can give you the opportunity to learn core concepts and gain insight into business career options to help you decide if this is the right path for you.
What is the Business Certificate Course?
In IAP Career College’s part-time online Business Certificate Course you will receive a comprehensive introduction to the world of business. You will learn about important business principles, emerging business trends, and reasons why many businesses fail while others succeed. You will receive a Business Certificate when you successfully complete the course. This online course has a recommended completion date of 8 weeks, however it may be completed in as little as 4 weeks or as long as 16 weeks. The course has been created to allow you to complete it without any teaching assistance, however as a student you have access to Faculty Members to provide you with personal teaching assistance and career advice.
What is IAP Career College?
The International Association of Professions Career College (IAP Career College) is a leading online career college offering affordable online certificate courses and professional certifications for non-traditional and "dream" careers. When you take a part-time online certificate course with IAP Career College, you can schedule your learning around your life - you can work at your own pace, at the best times for you and from the comfort of your own home. IAP Career College and affiliated company FabJob Inc (the leading online publisher of guide books on how to get started in a dream career) have served over half a million career changers on six continents since 1999.