The Secondhand Store Owner Certificate Course has been developed to meet high academic standards, ensuring that as a graduate you can display with pride the Secondhand Store Owner Certificate you will earn from the International Association of Professions Career College.
Topics covered in the Secondhand Store Owner Certificate Course include the following:
Overview of Retailing Pre-Owned Items
- Types of Merchandise
- Consignment or Retail?
- Needed Skills: Bargain-Hunting, People and Business
Earning While You Learn
- Gaining Experience as a Retail Sales Associate
- Operating Yard Sales, Internet Sales and Flea Marketing
- Join a Trade Association or Find a Mentor
- Acquire and Hone Your Business Skills
Starting Your Secondhand Store
- Your Business Plan
- Start-Up Budgeting and Funding
- Choosing a Niche, Name, Location and Signage
- Equipment, Supplies, Insurance, Licenses and Taxes
- Interior and Exterior Design Including Shop Décor and Displays
Running Your Secondhand Store
- Systems for Daily Management
- Acquiring, Displaying, Merchandising and Pricing Inventory
- Managing Inventory and Accepting Payments
- Working with Consignors and Customers
- Hiring Great Employees
Marketing Your Secondhand Store
- Advertising, Promotions and Free Publicity
- Brochures, Flyers and Your Website
- Getting Repeat Business and Referrals to Grow Your Business
- Bonus Chapter on Buying and Selling Antiques
What Happens in the Secondhand Store Owner Certificate Course Online
The Secondhand Store Owner Certificate course is an online learning program with suggested readings from the textbook (FabJob Guide to Become a Secondhand Store Owner). This course is self directed, which means you may study and complete assignments at times that are most convenient for you from the comfort of your own home.
This part-time Secondhand Store Owner Certificate Course has a recommended completion date of 6 weeks from the start of the program, however, you may choose to complete the course in as little as 4 weeks or as long as 12 weeks, depending on your schedule.
The Secondhand Store Owner Certificate Course has been created to allow you to complete it without any teaching assistance. However, if you have questions or need assistance, you can receive help from a Faculty Member throughout the 6 weeks of the course.
Your Faculty Member is a valuable resource person and mentor who can provide you with personal teaching assistance to help you succeed in the course and advice to help you succeed in your new career.
What Is Included in the Secondhand Store Owner Certificate Course Online
This all-inclusive Secondhand Store Owner Certificate Course package includes:
- Registration for the Secondhand Store Owner Certificate Course Online
- Access to a Faculty Member to provide you with up to 3 hours of business mentoring during the course
- (Optional) 2019-2020 membership in the IAPO International Association of Secondhand Store Owners for only $2 per month
- Downloadable Secondhand Store Owner Certificate personalized with your name and the seal of the International Association of Professions Career College which you may print
- (Optional) Opportunity to order official certificates printed on fine linen paper and embossed with the gold seal of the college
- Textbook: FabJob Guide to Become a Secondhand Store Owner (e-book edition)
“It is a win-win for everyone. First, you are helping the community and the environment by offering a means to recycle. Second, you are helping the pocketbooks of your customers. Finally, you are helping your clients turn unwanted [items] into cash.”
– Shelly Newman, Play It Again Mam Nashville, Tennessee
Registration Fee for the Secondhand Store Owner Certificate Course
You can have all this for an incredible price. It can cost hundreds, or even thousands, of dollars to take other programs. (We found courses based on old editions of our guides with registration fees of up to $999 and more.) We are able to offer you online courses at a significantly lower cost to you because of our expertise from almost 20 years of producing the leading online guides for non-traditional careers.
Our online career college certificate courses have previously been offered for a registration fee of $297 U.S. and includes a textbook and professional membership – a total value of almost $377. SPRING SPECIAL: This all-inclusive registration package for the Secondhand Store Owner Certificate Course is priced at only $97 U.S. for the June 17, 2019 course.
How to Register
Enrollment is limited and registration is on a first come first served basis, so we recommend that you register early for the Secondhand Store Owner Certificate Course to avoid disappointment.
Click the “REGISTER NOW” button to register for the Secondhand Store Owner Certificate Course.
If the course is full, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be notified when a new course date is scheduled.
Easy Changes and Cancellations
It’s easy to change or cancel your course registration. See our FAQ page for details.