The Fashion Designer Certificate Course has been developed to meet high academic standards, ensuring that as a graduate you can display with pride the Fashion Designer Certificate you will earn from the International Association of Professions Career College.
Topics covered in the Fashion Designer Certificate Course include the following:
An Overview of the Fashion Design Industry
- Customer Motivations
- Who’s Who (and Where) in Fashion Design
- Fashion Seasons and Cycles
- The Categories of Fashion
- Producing Garments from Design through Execution
Developing Your Skills
- Identifying Trends and Enhancing Your Creativity
- Sketching by Hand versus Computer-Aided Design
- Identifying and Acquiring Textile and Sewing Knowledge
- Formal and Informal Ways to Hone Your Skills
Getting Hired as a Fashion Designer
- Types of Employers and Responsibilities of Design Employees
- Entry-Level Positions in Apparel and the Best Ways to Find Job Openings
- Preparing Your Portfolio and Theme Boards
- Powerful Resumes, Cover Letters, Interviews and References
Starting Your Own Fashion Design Business
- Choosing a Niche
- Your Business Plan
- Start-Up Budgeting and Funding
- Choosing a Name and Trademarking Your Label
- Supplies and Equipment for Design and for Manufacture
- Finding and Choosing Employees, Contractors and Manufacturers
Marketing Your Designs
- Define Your Target Market and Leverage Your Unique Selling Point
- Industry Tools for Fashion Design
- Website, Catalogs and Other Marketing Tools
- Advertising and Free Publicity
- Private Clients, Boutiques, Department Stores or Online?
- Three Types of Shows
- Consignment, Payment, Returns, Sample Sales and Many Other Topics
What Happens in the Fashion Designer Certificate Course
The Fashion Designer Certificate course is an online learning program with suggested readings from the textbook (FabJob Guide to Become a Fashion Designer). This course is self directed, which means you may study and complete assignments at times that are most convenient for you from the comfort of your own home.
This part-time Fashion Designer Certificate Course has a recommended completion date of 6 weeks from the start of the program, however, you may choose to complete the course in as little as 4 weeks or as long as 12 weeks, depending on your schedule.
The Fashion Designer Certificate Course has been created to allow you to complete it without any teaching assistance. However, if you have questions or need assistance, you can receive help from a Faculty Member throughout the 6 weeks of the course. Your Faculty Member is a valuable resource person who can provide you with personal teaching assistance to help you succeed in the course and advice to help you succeed in the career.
What Is Included in the Fashion Designer Certificate Course
This all-inclusive Fashion Designer Certificate Course package includes:
- Registration for the Fashion Designer Certificate Course
- Access to a Faculty Member to provide you with personal teaching assistance and career advice
- (Optional) 2019-2020 membership in the IAPO International Association of Professional Fashion Designers for only $2 per month
- Downloadable Fashion Designer Certificate personalized with your name and the seal of the International Association of Professions Career College which you may print
- (Optional) Opportunity to order official certificates printed on fine linen paper and embossed with the gold seal of the college
- Textbook: FabJob Guide to Become a Fashion Designer (e-book edition)
“”This is a very useful guide for anyone wanting to break into the fashion business no matter what their experience level.” – Erin Bransford, erin bransford designs
Registration Fee for the Fashion Designer Certificate Course
You can have all this for an incredible price. It can cost hundreds, or even thousands, of dollars to take other programs. (We found courses based on old editions of our guides with registration fees of up to $999 and more.) We are able to offer you online courses at a significantly lower cost to you because of our expertise from almost 20 years of producing the leading online guides for non-traditional careers.
Our online career college certificate courses have previously been offered for a registration fee of $297 U.S. and includes a textbook and professional membership – a total value of almost $377. SPRING SPECIAL: This all-inclusive registration package for the Fashion Designer Certificate Course is priced at only $97 U.S. for the May 20, 2019 course.
How to Register
Click the “REGISTER NOW” button to register for the Fashion Designer Certificate Course.
If the course is full, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be notified when a new course date is scheduled.
Enrollment is limited and registration is on a first come first served basis, so we recommend that you register early for the Fashion Designer Certificate Course Online to avoid disappointment.
Easy Changes and Cancellations
It’s easy to change or cancel your course registration. See our FAQ page for details.