The Book Publisher Certificate Course Online has been developed to meet high academic standards, ensuring that as a graduate you can display with pride the Book Publisher Certificate you will earn from the International Association of Professions Career College. Topics covered in the Book Publisher Certificate Course Online explore how to publish a book and include the following:
How to Start a Book Publishing Business
- Deciding what kind of book publishing business to start
- How to create a business plan for your book publishing company
- Where to get start-up financing for your book publishing business
- Ensuring your books are registered so they are legally protected and booksellers can find them
- How to get an International Standard Book Number (ISBN)
- How to copyright your books
- How to get barcodes
- How to get a Library of Congress number (plus information about Cataloging in Publication)
- How to get into the “Books in Print” database
Finding and Developing Material for Publication
- Writing your own books
- Working with authors and literary agents
- Reprinting previously published material
- Preparing publishing contracts and understanding publishing royalties
- How to develop a publication timeline
- How to find and hire great book publishing company employees and freelancers for editing, design, proofreading, indexing, and other tasks
Printing and Selling Your Books
- Your printing and publishing options including: offset printing, digital printing, print on demand (POD), and E-books
- Pricing your books, with information about standard book industry discounts
- How to find distributors and wholesalers so you can sell your books to bookstores and libraries
- Selling through online retailers such as Amazon.com and BN.com
- Selling e-books on the Kindle and through Apple’s iBookstore
- Finding a fulfillment company to send books to your customers
- Financial management for book publishers
- Marketing Your Books and Company
- Major book reviewers
- Cooperative advertising for book publishers
- Getting free publicity
- Book signings
- Information about book awards
- Setting up a website for your book publishing company
- Other book marketing techniques
What Happens in the Book Publisher Certificate Course
The Book Publisher Certificate Course is an online learning program with suggested readings from the textbook (FabJob Guide to Become a Book Publisher). This course is self directed, which means you may study and complete assignments at times that are most convenient for you from the comfort of your own home.
This part-time Book Publisher Certificate Course Online has a recommended completion date of 6 weeks from the start of the program, however, you may choose to complete the course in as little as 4 weeks or as long as 12 weeks, depending on your schedule.
The Book Publisher Certificate Course Online has been created to allow you to complete it without any teaching assistance. However, if you have questions or need assistance, you can receive help from a Faculty Member throughout the 6 weeks of the course. Your Faculty Member is a valuable resource person who can provide you with personal teaching assistance to help you succeed in the course and advice to help you succeed in the career.
What Is Included in the Book Publisher Certificate Course Online
This all-inclusive Book Publisher Certificate Course package includes:
- Registration for the Book Publisher Certificate Course Online
- Access to a Faculty Member to provide you with personal teaching assistance and career advice
- (Optional) 2020 membership in Independent Book Publishing Professionals Group for only $2 per month
- Downloadable Book Publisher Certificate personalized with your name and the seal of the International Association of Professions Career College which you may print
- (Optional) Opportunity to order official certificates printed on fine linen paper and embossed with the gold seal of the college
- Textbook: FabJob Guide to Become a Book Publisher (e-book edition)
“I found the information in the guide to be most descriptive, and informative. The detailed information has given me the inspiration to become a new publisher, and the confidence to proceed in the proper manner.” – Theodore Milton, Houston, Texas
Registration Fee for the Book Publisher Certificate Course
You can have all this for an incredible price. It can cost hundreds, or even thousands, of dollars to take other programs. (We found courses based on old editions of our guides with registration fees of up to $999 and more.) We are able to offer you online courses at a significantly lower cost to you because of our expertise from almost 20 years of producing the leading online guides for non-traditional careers.
Our online career college certificate courses have previously been offered for a registration fee of $297 U.S. and includes a textbook and professional membership – a total value of almost $377. NEW YEAR SPECIAL: This all-inclusive registration package for the Book Publisher Certificate Course is priced at only $97 U.S. for the January 20, 2020 course.
How to Register
Click the “REGISTER NOW” button to register for the Book Publisher Certificate Course.
If the course is full, please email email@example.com to be notified when a new course date is scheduled.
Enrollment is limited and registration is on a first come first served basis, so we recommend that you register early for the Book Publisher Certificate Course to avoid disappointment.
Easy Changes and Cancellations
It’s easy to change or cancel your course registration. See our FAQ page for details.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Does a Book Publisher Make?
As a book publisher, your income is determined by a number of factors, including: your experience, location, and what company you work for, if any. As an owner or executive at a top book publishing company, you could earn up to six figures per year.
What Does a Book Publisher Do?
As a book publisher, you have the luxury of publishing and selling the books you want to. You can introduce the public to authors you admire. You can discover authors who are new and exciting. You can even create the ideal publishing company to sell your own books if you are an author yourself.
How Do You Become a Book Publisher?
As long as you have the desire, you can become a book publisher, learn how to publish a book and start your own book publishing company. No special education or experience is necessary to break into this career and succeed. Earning a certificate as a book publisher will equip you with the principles and techniques for becoming a professional book publisher. A certificate also provides evidence of your expertise, assurance of your professionalism, an important credential for your resume, a competitive advantage when marketing your services and higher earnings (according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics).
What is the Book Publisher Certificate Course?
In IAP Career College’s part-time online Book Publisher Certificate Course you will earn certification as a book publisher and learn important principles and practical step-by-step techniques for getting started in a career as a professional book publisher. This online course has a recommended completion date of 6 weeks, however it may be completed in as little as 4 weeks or as long as 12 weeks. The course has been created to allow you to complete it without any teaching assistance, however as a student you have access to Faculty Members to provide you with personal teaching assistance and career advice.
What is IAP Career College?
The International Association of Professions Career College (IAP Career College) is a leading online career college offering affordable online certificate courses and professional certifications for non-traditional and “dream” careers. When you take a part-time online certificate course with IAP Career College, you can schedule your learning around your life – you can work at your own pace, at the best times for you and from the comfort of your own home. IAP Career College and affiliated company FabJob Inc (the leading online publisher of guide books on how to get started in a dream career) have served over half a million career changers on six continents since 1999.